Chapter 7: Activity Of Satan's Agent

«Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places» Eph. 6: 11-12

This book would not be complete if the different methods of operation of these powers are not exposed. Also it is important that the different forms in which they manifest themselves be exposed.

One thing is clear and that is, the devil would either encourage you to believe that he is a myth or simple evil thoughts, or would make you see more of his powers and less of the powers of God.

While the Bible says:

"We wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places,"

The Bible also says that the weapons of the Christians against the devil and his agents "are not carnal but mighty through God to the pulling down of strongholds, casting down imaginations and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ" (2 Corinthians 10: 4-5).

Again the Scriptures clearly declare:
"For this purpose the Son of God was manifested that He might destroy the works of the devil" (1 John 3: 8).

And Jesus having spoilt principalities and powers, He made a show of them openly, triumphing over them.

"Thou art snared with the words of thy mouth, thou art taken with the words of thy mouth"
(Proverbs 6: 2) say the Scriptures.

Therefore the child of God must be careful to confess the Word of God, which God has promised He will hasten to perform.

There are three confessions stated in the Word of God:

1. Confession of the Lordship of Christ.
2. Confession of faith in the Word, in Christ and in God the Father.
3. Confession of sin.

When we hear the word "confession," we easily think of sin. The dictionary definition of confession is:

1. Affirming something we believe.
2. Testifying to something that we know.
3. Witnessing of a truth we have embraced.

It is therefore to be regretted that whenever we use the word confession some minds run to sin. The author is here encouraging the child of God to start today to confess what God has said.

You who were dead in trespasses had God quickened together with Christ and He has raised you up together and made you sit in heavenly places (far above principalities and powers) in Christ Jesus.

Christians should therefore realize where they are seated. They should know that they are operating from that height, above Satan and his agents.

The Lord Jesus Christ has given you all powers and authority just as He has given you all that pertaineth to life and godliness (2 Peter 1: 3).

God never intended that circumstances should control His children, rather that the Word of God in the mouth of the Christian should control his circumstances.

God spoke in Jer. 23: 29 saying: "Is not my word like as a fire? saith the Lord; and like a hammer that breaketh the rock in pieces?"

Christians, I mean born again Christians, should realize that when the name of Jesus is pronounced, what comes out of their mouth is fire. When a Christian stands on the authority given him by Christ and gives a command in Jesus name, fire pours out of his mouth and any demon controlling the circumstances must obey.