2: Now To The Present

The air is filled with excitement. Voices hum and buzz all around me. 1st Place in our first competition this year,huh? What a way to start a year.

It's a late Sunday afternoon but the mood in this mobile confined space is that of a early morning Friday. The sun sets beautifully, shining it's nostalgic rays through the glass window on my right. Feels like a foreshadowing. I lean against the glass and stare out the window.

This is nice. This atmosphere...so warm...so comforting...it's addictive. Probably explains why I've been part of this orchestra for 4 years. I love how it just makes all my worries vanish for a while, leaving me with a sense of calm and relaxation. For a short while, I actually feel alive which is a nice change from the usual...
My chest feels as light as a feather so I want to enjoy this feeling before the burdening heaviness returns.

*[Text Alert]*
*[Babe: Heard y'all got first place. Congratulations baby.]*

I guess I spoke too soon. Well it was good while it lasted. My happiness has a shorter lifespan than a fly, or my relationships. Man, does it suck to be me. The jest of life. A plant without sunlight. A man with no shadow. Ok no, that's too heavy. What am I doing? It's not like me to sulk. Come on, Keith, man the hell up. There's no point in wailing about things you can't change. Might as well have fun.

The fact that I took the decision to occupy these three seats all by myself isn't really helping my situation. I redirect my attention to the individuals on my left occupying the two seats past the row. "Hey, Wonder-Couple, y'all done sucking face?"