.::Chapter two::.

• Dedicated to Niamh

"I'm home." You yell as you drop your bag and head to the kitchen. You stop as you smell liquor. The stink is so strong it makes your head spin. One clear thought makes it to your brain "well dads back." as you stumble up stairs you hear yelling from downstairs. You make out the words "Useless sh*thead!" "Would it hurt to help out once and a while!" And drunken swearing and muttering. You collapse onto your bed and let out a sigh of regret because you never had the balls to ask Xena out, of hatred because you let Konnor get to her, and of uselessness because you couldn't help your mum sober up your dad.

Haley Joklen your cousin who came up every summer stopped coming because of him. She was a kind and caring girl and the best cousin you could wish for. Her long strawberry blonde hair always flowed in the wind as you played tag and in hide 'n seek she knew all the best hiding places. He changed that, he took her away and she wasn't the first nor the last of his victims. One day she had came back from town hanging onto the arm of a handsome boy with black and bleached hair with a ladies man smile on his sick face. She was 15 at the time. 

You are awoken to the yelling of downstairs it doesn't look like they stopped since you last heard them. You stagger to your feet and throw on a clean shirt. "All you do is sleep all day, drink all night!" you hear your mum accusing your dad. "Well all you do is talk!" He retorts. "At least I'm not hung over every other day!" She has a very good point you think as you walk into the kitchen. The sight that's greets you is not pretty in the least. Xena's mum Vinnie is sprawled out on the floor with a vodka bottle in her hand like its her only friend which it probably is. Your mum has seemed to just walked in before you but you know shes been there for at least three hours. Your dad, his dirty black hair looks like it hasn't been washed in a few months which is probably true. He is draped over one of the wooden chairs next to the table. "Oh hello honey." Your mother says with a tired look on her face. "There's some left over dinner in the oven." She tries to cheer you up. . . It doesn't work. You go and fetch the pizza out of the oven having to step over Vinnie's drunken body. 

As you walk to school you wonder what it would be like if you had a different life you wouldn't have to hide from the kids at school maybe even have people over for sleep overs but you father changed that you couldn't even have Xena over anymore not after your dad had seen you with her and flipped. He had called her a slut and a whore knowing that she had a boyfriend at the time. You had not spoken to him much after that he was still to be forgiven for all the things he had done prison hadn't cured him and it never would.