My class is weird.

Typically, when you think of an unsupervised class of high schoolers, you'd think of people going wild, goofing off, or just plain out doing things they're not supposed to.

But not my class apparently.

(Or my faith in humanity is just too low)

=======

I had expected my day to start off normally. I had gotten up at 6:30 as usual, eat breakfast as usual, rode to school as usual, and prepared for 1st period as usual.

However, people started to notice something was off when {Ms. G} wasn't there once the bell rang. But we just thought she got caught up in something.

Then five minutes had passed.

Then ten.

Then twenty....

We were completely left to our own devices, with no teacher to substitute in sight. At that point, I had long expected things to get out of hand once the other students realized they could take advantage of the situation. This school was full of druggies, drug dealers, and people who would skip class given the opportunity. So I was colored surprised not only did everyone stay in their seat and remain mostly quiet, but they also did their homework, read, or texted the teacher to make sure she was okay.

{Ms. G} had apparently slept through all of her alarms, causing her to be more than half an hour late into the period. Image her surprise when she ran back to class only to find the class-clown of all people trying his absolute best to teach the rest of us in her place. I know I bewildered at least.

My class is weird.