real life

The music was loud and the laughter and cheering from the drunken teenagers echoed through the woods

The music was loud and the laughter and cheering from the drunken teenagers echoed through the woods. The part had started two hours ago and Hope had been late. First, because she didn't know how to get there, and then because her father had done a professional third degree on her. Maybe her aunt Keelin –who had joked about last time she was on FaceTime with her and Freya-was right, maybe he was paying a P.I to keep an eye on her.

Finally she had made her way through the woods with Alyssa. She had met Alyssa in history class. Hope was drawing absently on her notebook when Alyssa complimented her skill. And before she could go back into the class, they'd spent the entire hour talking.

She decided that she liked the girl. She was smart and sarcastic, even a bit cynical. She reminded her of her uncle Kol, and she had to admit she had missed that attitude. The girls agreed on arriving together, as the twins and the rest of the team were busy preparing the party.

After getting a serve of beer on their red solo cup, girls ended up parting ways. Alyssa explained that she didn't get along with the twins but that she would look for her later and Hope had agreed. She was happy she made a friend by herself.

It took her a couple of minutes to locate part of her new group, but she finally saw Rafael's tall frame leaning against a tree. Landon was the first one to notice her, throwing an arm around her shoulders and begging her to back him up on the argument he was having against his friend. But Raf shakes his head, changing the subject and introducing her to his boyfriend Jed.

"Nice to meet you."

"Likewise." Hope smiles, shaking his friendly hand. "Where are the twins?"

"Lizzie is somewhere around here with Doherty." Landon says, motioning to nowhere in particular. Hope chuckles when she can hear his eyes rolling at the name.

"Who's that?"

"Sebastian. He was with Lizzie when Josie kidnapped you during your first day."

"Not that tall, creepy, really not that cool of an accent." Landon further explains, making Kaleb and Raf give each other a known laugh.

"They don't like each other."

"And Josie was with MG and Kym getting drinks. Your girl will be back soon." Kaleb teases making the boys laugh.

"She's not my girl." Hope denies it and takes a sip of the beer, hoping its dark enough so they won't see the red rushing to her cheeks.

"Give it time."

"But not too much time. We have a bet going on and those are fifty bucks I really need. His birthday is coming up and I'm, like, really broke." Raf explains, earning a nod from Landon and Kaleb and an objection from Jed.

"Wow. I hate you guys."

"That's the spirit. You're already one of us." Kaleb laughs and raises his hand to offer her a high five, making the brunette beauty laugh.