🤎

Victoria Monet

FULL CHAPTER. 

--------------------

"One would say a gift is a form of love and appreciation. When gifting somebody you're telling them that you love them, thanking them for giving you their heart. But for me, in this case, a gift meant ownership; a stamp. A form of territorial behavior masked as something else."

She stepped out of her car, her face being greeted by the cool breeze of New York's autumn. She slid her hands inside of her teddy coat as she walked into the jewelry store. Her hand reach out for the cold door handle, she swing it open and stepped inside. It was much warmer inside and she was very thankful for that. Don't get her wrong, she still prefers Fall over Summer any day.

"Miss Monet, How can I help you today?" She was greeted by an employee who was standing on the opposite side of the viewing glass. Victoria turned to look at him, she flashed him a friendly smile. She remembers him, he helped her pick her engagement ring and her wedding rings. He had good taste, she thought. Hopefully he helps her out this time too because she'll need more than just one brain.

"Kevin! Hi, its so good to see you, literally." She said, approaching him to shake his hand quickly. She started checking out the jewelry inside the glass while she waited for Kevin's response.

Kevin laughed, "what am I good for, Miss Monet?" He said, his voice friendly and firm. Kevin had his finger interwined in front of him, his eyes on Victoria to show focus.

"What's the best gift to give?" Victoria said. "Like, jewelry." She looked up at Kevin.

"Well, people like different things, Miss. I don't really know how to answer you. But, I do recommend a necklace. They're fashionable, they look good on everyone and they could have meanings to some people. Some would prefer that than a ring or a bracelet." Kevin says.

"Where are your necklaces, Kevin?"

"Over here." Kevin says, with his hand guiding Victoria to the other side of the display glass. Victoria's eyes lit up when she saw the variety of gold and silver necklaces. It didn't take long before her eyes landed on a 10 karat gold necklace. It was thin, it looked light and nice for the neck. She thought about how it'd look on her lover and she immediately pointed at it.

"Give me this one." She said, never taking her eyes off it. Imagery was going on in her head, looking to see how beautiful it'll look around her favorite person's neck. "Can I engrave it too?" She finally looked up, with a knowing smirk.

-

Normani wrapped her arms around her torso while she walked out of the club after a successful night. It wasn't cold but the breeze most definitely is affective. Thankfully, she already called up on her driver to come pick her up so that she wouldn't suffer for long. As she separated her eyes from the ground, she eyed the GMC truck already waiting for her across the street, she let out a sigh of relief. Her biggest pet peeve about herself is being unprepared for New York's inconsistent weather, she didn't change back to regular clothes inside because she was too tired to, she only thing on her mind being her beautiful and soft king sized bed. She has on her long brown trench coat, black fishnets and her furry slides. She left her bag inside her locker, she'll be back later anyway. She was barely clothed from the knees up, though. Normani looked to the left and quickly to the right before jogging to the truck, she quickly swung the door open and shoved her body inside. "Home, quickly please." She said.

"Of course, Mrs. Hamilton." Normani looked at the front view mirror, to her surprised it was her wife Victoria smiling ear to ear. Normani couldn't help to smile back as she indeed miss seeing that pretty smile that still makes her weak. And that's what she did, she felt like a baby again. "Hi, baby." Victoria said, "why you still over there, girl. Come over here." Victoria tapped the passenger seat.