chapter 3

Rewriting this again definitely brought back memories. The spark is starting to come back.

[Daniel's P

[Daniel's P.O.V]

"So we can't watch the porn I have downloaded?"

I looked back at him with a flat expression. Is he being serious? I decided to ignore and roll my eyes, continuing my research. I have to catch up on what I have missed in my physics class today. Stupid Jayden made me not want to go to school.

And all he's worried about is watching that stupid porn, which frankly, is not even that good based on the title. Also, what do straight people get from watching straight porn?

Hmmm... Isn't that awkward for a straight guy to see another guy's dick or?

Ugh, now I'm distracted.

"Fine. I'm gonna watch it myself."

"Thank god please! If that keeps you from yapping then please go on."

"Wow, you're being such a bitch right now." He squinted at me and stood from where he's sitting, which was beside me.

"I'm not being a bitch, I am the bitch."

"Bitch." He rolled his eyes.

"You know very well that now is not the time for that, you should be studying for Physics! Don't you dare give me that bullshit. That 'Oh Daniel's gay now so he's no fun' card, I refuse for you to treat me like that." I rolled my eyes. It doesn't mean that I confessed, does mean he has the right to use that confession against me.

"Okay okay!" He sat next to me again and looked at me.

"What?" I glared.

"Just please don't quit basketball." He said, sincerity playing in his eyes.

I sighed, rubbing the back of my neck. I knew somehow that this conversation would come up and I hate myself for falling for those marble brown eyes. How can I even say no to that? This is unfair. "Until the next championship Jayden and then I'm tapping out. I can't stick with those guys anymore. They've been good to me, yes, but I don't think it's a safe environment for me."

"I'm here to protect you." He said, staring boredly at my laptop screen. I don't even think he processed the words he just said, it just came out so naturally for him. What he doesn't realize is how much his words affect me and how his opinion of things influence my actions.

"Sadly, it's not physical protection I need, Jayden. I need mental peace. I'm a very insecure person and I don't want to spend the remaining days of my senior year trapped with this fear inside of me. I want to be free from these people, Jayden."

"If you're going to quit, I'll quit too." He said, a determined tone in his voice.

"What? No! You love basketball!" I said, shocked from his impulsive decision.