chapter 1

" I could not imagine life without Islam. if I was still a non believer, I don't think I will be were I am today. Islam changed me. I am ameera Levi once again, assalamualaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu."

10 years ago

it was one sunny morning , first day of high school and Miranda had been very excited to be in school. their teacher walked in and right behind her was someone following. ameera wondered who it was.

"good day class, today a transfer student is going to be joining us today his name is Adnan Ibrahim" the teacher explained

Miranda was confused. what kind of name was that, she thought. since Miranda was the only person in the class who sat alone, the teacher decided to make Adnan her seat mate.

after some classes, it was now their break time and Miranda was now so curious of her new seat mate so she decided to ask him

" excuse me" she asked him before he would leave.

he turned to look at her and said "yes"

he sounded so innocent she thought to her self.

"I was wondering were you were from" she gathered to say

" you don't have to be shy of asking" he said to her noticing she was kind of shy. he wasn't rude to her at all. in fact he was really nice and he had an English accent and said he was from Manchester.

as the conversation finished and Miranda was about to walk away Adnan asked. "what is your name"

she told him her name and then walked off to lunch. Miranda really had no friends so she sat alone because everyone thought that if they were to befriend her, she would fill their brains with too much questions to the extent that it will explode. she put her head on the table and suddenly felt someone drop something on her.

it felt icky and yuck, she thought. eeew what could it be. she heard laughter fill the room.

"only one of the bullies, no biggie" she thought to herself.

"that's not really nice" she heard from the other end of the room. and there he was, the one person she would never expect, Adnan?

more laughter filled the room, and the one person who has been pestering Miranda since only GOD knows when showed up. Ryder rhythm.

"little mister English is here to protect his princess aye" oh no not today muttered Miranda.

"my life couldn't get any worse" she complained

"you know it wouldn't hurt you to be nice" said Adnan

"you want to fight" challenged the bully. Adnan never wanted to fight because of his values never approved of this. so he said no.

" common are you scared little one" challenged Ryder. but Adnan stood with his values and walked past him over to Miranda.

"sorry" he said " people huh?. common lets go have lunch in the library" he offered.

" sure" and they headed for the library.

on the way.

"th. that was really brave. thanks" said shy Miranda. she wasn't really the shy type though.

"oh. it was nothing. what are friends for?" smiled Adnan.

"you're my friend?" Miranda was happy.

"of course why?"

" well . you see. I don't really have friends."

" well you have one now."