Chapter 16

"Jenny! Oh you look so beautiful." Sarah yells running down the porch as we get out the car. Michael grins from ear to ear just as Sarah grabs me and hugs me tightly. Sarah yanks on my arm and pulls me towards the mansion, I barely have the time to greet Harry properly, he gives me a sympathetic smile and I'm inside the mansion. Safely in the day room with all my limbs attached Sarah lets me go.

"Tell me everything. Okay, well not everything break it down for me."

"What do you want to know?"

"You know. When did it happen? How did it happen? Did you like it?"

How the hell does she know it? Shit!

"Honey I know when something's changed." She smiles.

"Am I that obvious?"

"Of course not darling, Michael is." She laughs. I must be frowning because she says, "It's when Harry called this morning."

I don't remember Michael saying anything that would suggest anything besides nothing had happened then.

"Besides sweetheart, I've never seen my son so happy."

"And you think it has something to do with me?"

"Don't be coy. I know something happened."

She is not going to let this go. I try to keep my face straight. "Okay something happened."

"I knew it!" She exclaims.

"I've told you now so you'll let it go, right?"

"Don't pretend you don't know me." She chuckles. I smile at her. I really love this woman. She is practically jumping up and down in her chair.

Michael and Harry strolls in, Michael looks a little pale and Harry looks really angry. I wonder what they've been talking about.

"Jenny, can I please speak to you privately?"

Oh no! Why? I look over to Michael trying to read what I'm in for but he offers no help.

I get up and follow Harry to his office; he closes the door behind us and takes me by my shoulders. "Are you okay?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

"Did he hurt you?"

"No."

"I'm so sorry it should have never happened."

"I'm fine Harry I promise." Looks like Harry is not too pleased about what happened between Michael and me this morning. I honestly didn't think he'd take it this bad.

"Are you sure you are all right?"

He looks so worried. "I am. Please don't be mad at Michael he didn't force me to do anything."

"Michael? I'm not mad at Michael." He stumbles then the realization hits, "Oh."

I panic. "Who were you talking about?"

"Christopher." He mumbles.

Oh no. I messed up. "Oh I'm so embarrassed." I say sinking into the chair burying my face in my hands.

"No honey. I'm sorry I should have never poked my nose into your business." He says rubbing my back.

This is so awkward and embarrassing. I wish the floor would swallow me whole.

There is a knock on the door. It's Michael. I can't look him in the eyes.

"Time to eat." He says looking from his father to me. Harry leaves the room. I'm alone with Michael.