chapter 2

Chapter 2: Of Choices and Love

"Young master, it is time to wake up."

Ciel groaned in frustration and rolled over, burrying his head into his pillow.

"Master, don't be stubborn. Please, we must get you ready for the day. Lady Elizabeth will be coming over around noon."

"Tell her I'm ill," Ciel mumbled through his pillow.

Ciel felt the bed creek. A soft pair of lips pressed against his ear.

"Did my mouth ruin you this much, Ciel~?"

Ciel yelped and rolled away. He rolled too far and fell out of the bed. His head snapped up at the sound of laughter.

"Stop that this instant!" Ciel growled. He stood, rubbing his back. "It's not funny!"

"A little jumpy this morning, master?" Sebastian asked, tilting his head curiously.

Ciel blushed crimson and looked away quickly. "You never play fair, do you?"

Sebastian smiled softly. He walked around the bed, his eyes glowing.

Ciel gulped and backed away. Right into the corner.

"I thought playing fair bored you, master," Sebastian said slowly. He reached out and took the boy's chin in his hand. "Would you rather me play by the rules?"

Ciel felt his heart skip a beat. "And what rules would those be?" Damn it, my voice shook!

Sebastian smirked. "The rules of a butler, of course. Follow every order, polish the manor until everything sparkles, cook the meals to perfection, and protect the head of the estate. The rules say nothing about bedding the earl, does it?"

Ciel blushed and narrowed his eyes. "You didn't bed me, Sebastian."

"Oh? Then what would you call last night, master? Granted, we didn't do everything, but - "

"You were just doing your job," Ciel growled. "You are my butler. You are to serve me in every way."

"Serving and servicing are completely different, master."

"I think not," Ciel countered, smirking up at the demon. "You are to serve me in every way, Sebastian. Every single way. You were doing your job."

Sebastian leaned in, his lips inches from Ciel's. "And what about you, master? I served you well last night, did I not?"

Ciel blushed. "I suppose so," he mumbled.

Sebastian snorted softly. "Of course you wouldn't admit to liking it, would you?"

Ciel sighed. "Alright. What you did last night was..." . "Acceptable."

Sebastian smiled softly. "I think it was more than just acceptable. After all, you only reward me when I do a perfect job."

Ciel frowned. "Reward? I didn't reward you."

"You did, master."

"What was the reward, then?"

Sebastian leaned in, his breath ghosting over Ciel's lips. Ciel felt his heart skip another beat.

"You rewarded me with a kiss," Sebastian whispered. The hand holding the boy's cheek slowly fell away. Sebastian pulled back a little.

Ciel understood why. The man was giving him two choices. Ciel could escape the corner...or pull him close. Ciel took a deep breath and made his decision.