Meet Mr. Nice Guy

I glanced over at the clock on the other side of the classroom. I sighed and tapped my foot more anxiously as time passed in slow motion. It feels like I've been in this class for an eternity. It read 2:14 P.M. and school wasn't over until 30 more minutes. I tried my best to focus on Mr. Welch and whatever he was saying about atoms.

Sadly I couldn't,

I constantly had to wake myself up or found myself drifting into slumber. I wiped the drool from my mouth and stretched to try and wake myself up. Just then Amelia walked in and everyone's eyes switched over to her instead of Mr. Welch.

"Late again Watson, do you have an excuse slip?" Mr. Welch eyed her as he spoke.

"Nah just late," Amelia swerved Mr. Welch and strolled over to her seat which was beside me. "Y'all can resume to learning" Amelia chuckled as she spoke to the pair of eyes starring at her. They immediately looked away.

I shifted in my seat uncomfortably as Mr. Welch cleared his throat and resumed his lecture. From the corner of my eye, I saw Amelia looking bored with her chin in her hand staring blankly straight ahead. I broke into a sweat and all of a sudden the room was too hot.

She takes my breath, she is the girl of my dreams, the most precious pearl I've seen. Just by looking at her makes my heart melt, as I started fantasizing about her again a voice broke my thoughts.

"Psst, psst, hey," I turned to look towards the corner of the class and noticed Gustav looking in my direction. I looked at him confused and pointed at myself.

"Not you loser, hey Amelia" He finally spoke up. I turned back around feeling the heat rising to my cheeks, Amelia looked at me then towards Gustav with a grin shooting across her face once they locked eyes.

I strongly disliked Gustav, he was a very popular and well-known player. He got any girl he wanted but mostly used them for one thing and would end up dumping them. But he was also on the football team and was one of the best ones and every teacher would admire him or treat him as a king.

I slipped my phone out and noticed 3 notifications. Two from my YouTube and one message from Evan.

Evan: Let's go skate after school?

I did not know what to reply because he knew very well that I did not know how to skate. He has tried to teach me so many times but the farthest I have gotten is just ride the thing without falling, I sucked at the funky tricks.

Me: You know damn well I suck at skating but, fuck it lets go.

"Hand over your phone James," I jumped at the voice of Mr. Welch and looked at his big fat hand that was extended toward me.

I heard snickering and some giggles from around the room as I handed my phone over. I felt my face burn with embarrassment as he walked away and placed my phone on his desk