Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"  Charlie!  Get down here and bring me my tea!"  shouted Mrs. Dibbins.

" Coming!"  Charlie muttered back, but quiet enough so he wouldn't be in trouble.

He put the decortive teapot on the tray,along with one matching teacup.  Slowly, he poured the hot water in the teapot and added three teabags.  Charlie pulled out the matching decorative bowl from the wooden carved pantry and filled it with multiple sugar cubes. He then put it in addition to the teapot and teacup.  Then he opened the heavey glass door to the fridge and grabbed the matching pitcher  full of milk too fast making it spill everywhere.

" Hurry up!  You're making me late!"  Mrs. Dibbins screeched at Charlie up the stairs.

Fast as he could he mopped up the mess using the sleve of his only good shirt.  Darn!  Mrs. Dibbins is going to kill me when she sees my church shirt is ruined!  He thought unhappily.

He walked ( it was more of a run) down the stairs and gave the tea to Mrs. Dibbins.

"  My God, boy, what happened?!"  Mrs. Dibbins  exclaimed.

"  I spilled the milk and thought I was wearing my servant shirt-I'm so sorry!"  Charlie apologized. "  Maybe you could get me a few more, because I only have two and my birthday is coming up."

"  Don't be ridiculous!  I'm not buying you anything!  However, I have a few dresses that are torn and I was going to throw them out.  I'll give you the materials if you have a needle and thread.  However, I should warn you.  The materials are all pink, purple, and lime."

"  Thank you, Mrs. Dibbins!"  Charlie exclaimed excitedly.  He had never been offered anything from her and was starting to wonder what people thought when they saw him in rags wandering about the streets of the village.  He would find out later in the day when the baker throws stale bread at him, yelling for Charlie to leave.