Prolouge: How it all began

Riley and I were walking home from school and we decided to take A shortcut to our house...on our way home we heard footsteps...they sounded like someone was walking behind us...I couldn't help but get the feeling that something bad was gonna happen...we keep walking...then suddenly I feel something heavy hit me in the back of my head...I remember waking up a couple of minutes later and I heard screaming I look up and see these people and they had Riley...they shoved him in the the van and Quickly got into the car and pulled off...I got up and started running after the van "RILEY!! RILEY!!" I yelled as ran.. I remembered being so close to the van I was almost there and then....they sped off...and they took Riley with them..."HUEY!!!"He yelled and even though I couldn't see it for myself...I knew he was crying....a store worker who was near by had called the police...apparently he saw me running after the van yelling Riley's name and got worried...When police got there they asked me a whole bunch of questions...my Grandad eventually came to pick me up...it's been two months since it happened...I feel horrible if only I was faster,if only I was stronger then Riley would be at home right now....it's all my fault that he's gone...and he'll never come back home....