•20•

Niall's POV

"I love you." I whisper to her as we pull way. I do, I love we with every ounce in my body. She doesn't say it back, she just gives me a reassuring look at steps out of the car. I watch her as she goes around to the front of the buildings before I drive away. I didn't leave the shopping centre until I saw that she had made it to the police station and stepped inside, I wasn't just going to leave her without knowing if she was alright.

Minutes feel like hours as the time passes. I know it hasn't been long once I dropped her off near the police station, but Alex's call could not come any sooner. I just pray to god that she hasn't turned on me.

When I finally get back to the complex, the guys are sitting around the couch. Their eyes watch me with anticipation as I take a seat next to Harry.

"Did she get there okay?" Zayn asks.

"Yeah." I breathe. They all nod and then look away. They are nervous, but no one is more nervous than me. She could turn me in, but I know that she wouldn't do anything to the boys. She hated me, to whereas she made friends with Harry almost instantly.

And as the hand on the clock turns at an agonizing pace, my cellphone finally rings with the name Alex over the screen.

-

EVANNAS POV

The next hours is rushed. Like, really rushed. I was racing down the hall in the scrubs, getting stares from the other employees and outside to where a helicopter, as promised, was waiting for us.

I climbed into the vehicle and Officer Dallas helped secure me in. I have never been on one before, this should be fun.

"It will only be about an hour." Alice yells over the wind. "Your dad has been informed and is waiting for you now."

I nod and look through the side windows as we take off into
The air.

As promised, it was only about an hour by the time they got me back to my house.

"Ready?" Alice asks me. I nod and smile at her, excited to see my dad. Sure, he isn't that much of a father to me, but in the end he is still my dad and I have been away from him for over a month now.

"Evanna!" He yells when he sees me step onto the ground. He is wearing sweats, and a a t-shirt, I haven't seen him out of uniform in almost a year.

"Dad!" I yell back as he starts to run towards me. I rush towards him and we collide in a hug, his six foot four figure engulfing my body as we reunite. "I missed you" I cry into his chest.

My dad doesn't reply, only holds me tighter as I feel his warm tears drop onto my hair. "I thought I lost you." He whispers.

"I knew I was coming back." I tell him. "I would have made it back somehow." He nods and gives me one last squeeze before letting go of me. He looks up and his soft features become angry. He is noticing the cameras news channels have set up.

A woman wearing six inch heals, a pencil skirt and a tight shirt rushes over to me, wangling in her shoes. "Evanna! Evanna! Can you tell us what happened?" She says into her microphone, then pushes it towards me. I look to my dad for help. "Detective Harris, would you share your feelings about your daughter coming home?" She pushes him now? How does Niall handle this shit every day? Shit, Niall...

"Go inside Ev." My dad pushes me towards the house gently as another van shows up.

"Come with me." I plead. My dad is very capable of bearing a few people up, he will do it now no doubt. We meet eyes and his features instantly soften as he sees my tear stained cheeks.