Chapter 1:FLASHBACK

I'm sitting on our rickety old fire escape leaning as far away from our dumpy apartment as I can. Even the few feet make me feel a little better.

My cheeks are tearstained

My cheeks are tearstained. They're like that a lot.

I could hear my dad screaming at my mom from out here. They're like that a lot. Then I heard something that I didn't hear much. I heard my Gran's voice raise above there's! Then my younger-by-two-years sister Janie was also yelling.

I knew what my mom and my dad were fighting about. My mom had found yet another stash of my dad's drugs last night. I had been there when she found them, hidden in the back of the medicine cabinet. She had just crumpled down on the tiled floor and cried.

Here I should explain the bad situation with my parents. They were divorced but him, his new wife, my mom, my mom's mom(Gran), me, and Janie because all of us combined could barely pay the rent. My older brother Alex had had moved out the year before when he turned 16. He hated dad. My step mom was out that evening.

But I turned around when I heard them yelling. My dad's eyes were crazed like when he was high. And I knew he was.

I turned just in time to see my dad reach for a bulge in his jacket. He pulled out a gun and aimed it at my me. Then he fired. I felt the white hot pain in my leg and toppled over. Mom screamed. He turned the gun on her. But Gran calmly stepped in front of  mom and said flatly "No, you will do no more harm." But he shot her, right in the head, my mom to.

It was at that point I took off running down the fire escape ignoring the horrible pain in my leg. I knew where the police station was and I ran. I eventually found a pace, terror racing through my veins, keeping me standing.

When I got there it didn't take long for me to be racing back toward my house, but this time in a police car. When we got there Janie was also on the floor. We would later learn that if it had been even 2 inches lower the bullet would have hit her heart and killed her. I was scared out of my mind. My dad was found in the next room, unconscious from the amount of drugs he had consumed. He was later convicted of murder and attempted murder. I looked into hi s cold blank eyes as they slowly swallowed me............

I bolted up in bed.
I kept having these terrifying dreams of that day, I was ten then. But I am not an anymore. I am heading into seventh grade. I had to do online school since the accident. I was finally going to have to go to real school. I could finally use my prosthetic and be independent. I was NOT scared Tammy.

I was unbreakable Tammy now