Members Profile: Hoseok

Jung Hoseok

Age : 20

Family : - Mother / Unknown

- Father(?) / Unknown

- Orphan since he was 7 (Mother abandoned him in an amusement park)

Strengths : Strong sense of duty ; loyal ; warm ; good at connecting with others.

Weaknesses : Too critical on himself ; too selfless sometimes ; places importance on what is socially acceptable (very cautious).

Fears : Fear of abandonment.

His place in the group dynamic : He's the tension reliever. He doesn't miss any opportunity to have fun with his friends, he's also very loyal and always there for them. Considers Jimin like his little brother since the day they met. He has a soft spot for him and feels like he has to take care of him since he learned about his illness. (Jimin's notes) « It takes 2 hours walking from school to home. [...]just after the start of the new semester. Hyung approached me and stayed with me for 2 hours. In regards to the fact that our homes are not even in the same direction, I only found out a long time later. »

Interests : Dance

Analysis : Hoseok is a pretty bright person, and his main issues come from the fact that he was abandoned as a child by his own mother. His critical self has trouble accepting that hole he has in his heart, he doesn't know how to deal with negative emotions well. So he takes meds, thinking it will fix the sadness like it fixes a cold. Even though it doesn't, he still takes them just to put his mind at ease. « I take pills I don't even need and faint no matter the location. » (cf. Hoseok notes).  He'd rather overdose on pills and faint than go through sad emotions. He tries to find joy in every little moments. This is his coping mechanism. Faking it until he cant feel sadness anymore. « even if I hate it I smile, and even when I'm sad I smile. »

- kokonut.