2.

Christopher

After leaving the shop, yeah that's right the shop. I done got myself my own business. I own a car garage and I got a tattoo shop. I figured I had to get legit with myself if I wanted to make something about my life and myself. I was on my way to Aniya's spot. I had called her today and she asked me to come by and see her if I could. I said yes because she's family. Always will be too. Knocking on her door to her new apartment, she opened it with in a few seconds.

"Hey Chris." She smiled giving me a hug.

"Hey Niya." I hugged her back. "How you been?" I asked her.

"I'm doing fine. Still trying to figure out why you and Melanie are playing." She said.

"It's been 4 years since me and her been together. I don't see any chance of us getting back together." I sighed.

"I think y'all will." She said as we walked to the couches.

"I ain't worried about getting back with her though. I got things I'm still tryna handle on my end. Me and Mel, we done. I hate to break it to you, but it's true."

"I hate when you speak so negative." She said as I she got up and walked to the kitchen. "Thirsty?"

"I'll take a water." I simply said. "Where LJ at?" I asked. Now for the sake of everybody, we agreed to not call LJ, Leon. It was too much saying Leon's name, let alone calling his son his name would've made it harder on all of us. In the future, maybe we would, but now, it's still like a fresh wound to us.

"He's in the back playing his game probably with Devon." She said as she brought me out a water bottle. Devon is Leon's oldest son. We found out about him the night of the incident, but none of us suspected it to be true.

"Thank you." I took the bottle from her. "So you and the BM cool?

"Somewhat." She sighed. "We figured we let them get to know each other. They have the same Daddy." She said. "God I miss him."

"I know you do." I mumbled.

"It's like this is one big nightmare that won't let me wake up."

"Who you telling?" I mumbled. "You know I ain't stepped a foot towards his grave yet. It's so hard to, I ain't go to the funeral because I couldn't bring myself to it." I admitted.

"I know." She looked off, her eyes watering up. "I tried so hard to stay strong. You know I almost lost LJ right?"

"That boy stuck it out though." I said as I looked at her. "You know L wouldn't want us tearing ourselves down after all these years."

"I know. I know." She mumbled while sniffling.

"Dry your eyes sis." I said as I gave her a hug. I knew she needed it.

After talking with Aniya a little longer, I decided to head back to the crib.

"Wassuh?" Brandon asked walking out the kitchen with a plate in his hand.

"Sup."

"Nothin'. Mel wants you ta call her." He said sitting down.

"For what?" I questioned.

"She ain't say." He said as he was shoveling chips into his mouth. "Wassuh wit' y'all anyways?"

"What you mean?" I questioned sitting down on the couch.

"Y'all niggas is irritatin'." He laughed. "Always comin' fa each otha'."

"We not on good terms right now." I said.

"Fa why?"

"I got one of the bills for last month and that shit was high than a muthafucka." I said scrunching up my face. "We got into a little argument and that's how it went." I said being honest. "She just in her feelings." I mumbled.