First Day

(Beatrice’s Point Of View)

I went to school by morning. I was alone at the classroom. I was always early since I didn’t want to be late, as always. I always wished my friends were here since I missed them so much.

It was the start of the school year and I was in my fourth year high school. My uncle was the principal of the school where I was studying while I became the student council president and the president of the class.

My family had a business called the Russell Corporation. They’re starting to build it and negotiated to some of our friends. I kept asking them who were they but they wouldn’t tell me.

“Hey, have you ask your father about it?” I heard a familiar voice as she entered the room.

“Yeah, but he won’t tell me who is it and why?” the other entered.

I was surprised to see the two of them. I felt happy and at the same time felt awkward. Why were they here? I thought they won’t be back for this year.

“I thought you won’t be back for this year?” I asked both of them and they were startled to hear my voice.

“I thought, no one’s…” the curly hair said.

“Here?” the wavy girl continued.

As they turned around, they saw me at the corner of the room. They were both shocked. I stood up from my chair and walked towards them wearing a smile on my face.

“It’s been a while, isn’t it?” I asked as I stopped in front of them.

“Bea…” the wavy hair said.

“It’s been a while,” the curly hair said and hugged me.

“Bogo shippeoso,” I said as I broke the hug and smiled to both of them.

“Nado,” the way hair said.

The curly hair formed tears on her eyes. I chuckled since she’s still our youngest and the immature one. She’s Rhiyou Kinuei Eissej McCain, the only daughter of their family. She had a brother named Mark John McCain. He was studying in states taking up Civil Engineering. The wavy hair was Sakura Kylhie Nicole Gatherfield. She’s the only child in their family. Her parents were both working and they have business all over the world like Rhiyou's family and mine as well.

“Do you know what they call us?” Sakura asked.

“Mwoya?” Rhiyou asked.

“They call us Tres Grandes,” I answered.

“Why Tres Grandes?” Rhiyou asked.

“Because our families we’re the leading group when it comes to business and needs,” Sakura explained.

“It might be rude but it’s true,” I said to them.

“I know but I don’t think it’s appropriate,” Sakura said.

“They are the ones who gave name to our families so why worry?” Rhiyou asked.

“True but it’s still…” Sakura couldn’t finish her words.

“Still what?” Rhiyou asked.

“It’s kind of high…they think that we rule this country or the world because of our businesses,” I thought out loud.

“Well that’s what I’m trying to say,” Sakura said.

“But…” Rhiyou couldn’t finish her sentence since the bell already rang.