Chapter 25: Cheek Kiss

Marinette sat on the school steps waiting for Adrien. She wasn't late today. In fact, she had made sure to wake up super early so she could talk to him! (Also, she might've thrown away his schedule, but she still remembered it by heart!).

After 10 minutes of sitting there, a familiar black car pulled out in the front. She stood up as it approached clutching the straps of her backpack nervously.

Adrien got out of the car with his bodyguard. Oh shoot, she had completely forgotten about his bodyguard following him everywhere inside school now. How would they talk?

His eyes faced her as he gasped and gave her a little wave. She smiled and awkwardly waved back, he approached to meet her on the staircase.

"Hi, Marinette." He said. His tone was slow and careful.

"Hi..." She responded eyeing his bodyguard behind him, "Shall we go to class?"

"Of course."

They were quiet throughout their walk to class. It was rather awkward actually, but they were too afraid to say anything with the gorilla around. Even if they were dying to say so much...

Besides, they wouldn't be able to talk about this in class either, it was too much of an important matter. The fate of Paris depended on it. Dramatic much? Not really...

---

"You'll have to produce a portfolio on WW2 in France. This is especially important for your grade and I expect a lot of effort from all of you. You should make sure it's detailed with all the impacts, significant figures during the war, and the allies that tried to help. Some vital background information is helpful too. I'll be sending in email to all of you regarding this project." Miss Bustier explained the students exchanged anxious looks, some of them groaned. "Fortunately, this isn't an individual project but it's pairwork instead. And yes, just this once, I'll be letting you choose your partners because of your excellent behaviour this term."

The class cheered as some of them started picking their partners already.

"Please let me know who your partner will be by the end of the day. Also, you'll have a week's time to submit this."

Marinette turned to Alya. They were partners for mostly every project, and this shouldn't be any different.

"So, we'll start together on this project?"

"Actually..." Alya started awkwardly, "I promised Nino to work with him on the next pair project. You don't mind, right?"

"No...it's fine." Who would she work with?

"You can work with Adrien. After all, I am taking his usual partner." Alya nudged towards him as Adrien looked and gave Marinette a shy smile.

She smiled back. They were already superhero partners. They should be able to work well for a little project as well.

"Would you like to be my partner?" Marinette asked him. Too ironic.

"I already am." He replied as she tried not to chuckle.

"Good. Are you free tomorrow? It's a holiday anyways so we can start working on the project at my house."

"I'm pretty sure I am free, but I'll ask my dad." He smiled and pulled his phone out.

She heard her own phone thing as she pretended to be naïve, taking it in her hands.

Adrien <3 : Or I'll just come to your house as a certain someone ; )

Marinette sighed and shook her head. She still had a heart on his name?

Marinette: I don't think that's safe. Also, we shouldn't be talking about this here. What if someone got hold of our phones?