2. Who Are You?

It was 8 in the evening, and Mallika was preparing dinner. It was raining heavily just like yesterday. Suddenly she heard someone knocking on the door. When she opened the door, "Hi Mallika" Sumedh came into the house wet.

"Why are you wet?"

"Can't you see it's raining out there?"

"But didn't you... Fine, you just go refresh. I've made your favorite garlic bread for dinner."

"Ewwww. Garlic bread? No... I don't want it."

"I thought you love garlic bread" Mallika was disappointed.

"Hmm yes, but now I don't like it. You'll get something else for me."

"Fine, I'll make.." Before Mallika could finish Sumedh interrupted.

"You'll make sausage with chicken blood"

"Summi!" Mallika shouted at him. "Are you mad? Why on earth do you desire to eat non-vegetarian food? Since when? And you wanted a chicken's blood. Disgusting" Mallika was absolutely angry at him. "I'll make your tortillas. Eat that and go to bed."

A few moments later, Mallika came with a silver plate that contains tortillas and butter.

"No" He exclaimed. "Bring them in a glass plate!" He told to her in a strict voice. Mallika was confused by his strange behavior. Sumedh always prefers to eat on silver plates as they are anti-bacterial.

Mallika gave him the tortilla on the glass plate. Once he chews, the tortilla, he lost interest to eat it. "Mallika you know what? I lost the desire to eat this, I want to eat you up."

He slowly runs his hands into her top touching her back. For the Ever first time, Mallika felt lust in his touch. Mallika pushes him away. "I'm not in the mood Sumedh. Please leave me."

"I'm your husband, don't I have the right to touch you?" He came closer running his hand lustfully through her neck. Suddenly he felt shocked by Mallika's silver chain, that we bought for her during their engagement.

Mallika at once shouted at him."Stop it Sumedh. Don't you understand? No means no. I just don't want to have any desires today. Leave alone. Now please go to the room."

"You Bitch! You don't even know how to respect your husband! How did your parents raise you, without any respect and feelings! It's a waste of time. Fuck my life!" saying this Sumedh break Mallika's favorite vase on the table and walked away.

"Sumedh!" she whispered. Tears already formed in her eyes. He couldn't stand it that her husband scolds her this rudely. He never spoke like this before. Even if Mallika gets angry, he will be patient and console her. For the first time, he reacted like this.
" He doesn't love me anymore?" Mallika thought. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

*knock knock knock*

Someone knocked on the door. When she opens the door, her heart skipped a beat.
"Jaanu I'm back!!!"

Sumedh came into the house and sat on the couch tiredly. "Miku I really need something to eat. I'm starving."

Mallika was still standing at the door. She couldn't believe what she was seeing. "Who are you?" she asked him suspiciously.

"Huh? Who am I? You forgot your husband?" Sumedh actually teased her. He still didn't understand her state.

Mallika was standing still. She didn't react.

"Miku, what's for dinner today?" He asked.

"G.. Gar.. Garlic Bread" Mallika stammered.

"Wow!" He exclaimed. "My Favvy food... OK now Miku please get me some, or else I will die due to hunger"

Mallika nod. She brought him the garlic bread on a glass plate... "Baby! Are you alright?" He asked her while checking her body temperature by touching her forehead and cheeks.

"Yaa"

"I think you wrongly brought the plate. It's OK I'll change it myself" Sumedh went to the kitchen and brought himself a silver plate. Mallika ran towards her room and found no one there. She searched the whole house, backyard, and front yard. There were none.

"Sumedh! How come you didn't wet in the rain?" Mallika asked.

"What question is this Miku? I went by car! And obviously, my car is not a sponge to absorb water." He chuckled.

"Then who is he? Who is the one who came earlier if this is My Sumedh?" Mallika thought.

"Jaanu" Sumedh holds her shoulders and turns around. He saw a tear stain on her face. "Miku did you cry?" Mallika was silent. Sumedh understood that something isn't right. He took her closer and gave her a bone-crushing hug. He kissed her on her forehead...

He made her sit on the couch. "Kya Hua Mallika? Why did you cry? Did I make any mistake or are you afraid to live here alone? Tell me na!" Sumedh asked her concernedly.

Mallika hugged him again. "Nothing" she whispered.

"A month ago, we got married. At that time, we both made a promise to share our good times and bad times, happiness, and sorrows with each other. I will never break the promise! Will you?"

"Never" she began to cry. She was afraid. Sumedh made her sit on his lap. He pecked her lips and rubbed her back softly.

"Sumedh! I'm afraid"

"Afraid of?"

"Before you came, someone else came to our house."

"Who was it?"

"It was you!"

"Me?"

"Someone who looked exactly like you!"

"You mean Krishn?" Sumedh chuckled

"I don't know. Maybe him. He pretends to be you. He... He was so... So lustful."

"Arey meri khargosh! Nothing like that OK! We all know that Krishn died a few months ago in a fire accident. How can he come here?"

"Maybe his spirit?"

"Babyyy!! Come on yaar. You still believe in all that. Ghosts, Back magic, vampire, werewolves, and spirits are all just Myths. They don't really exist."

"But, it was true I saw him who pretended like you. He was too rude and lustful. I'm afraid to be alone here Sumi."

"Maybe it's a Hallucination!"

"No Sumi. It's not Hallucinations. We don't hallucinate touch! He touched me" Mallika gritted her teeth.

"Fine, then we will leave this house. Pack your things tonight, tomorrow I'll send you to Dau's house. Even bhabi would be alone after Dau went to work. She can company you. Is that OK?"

"Fine. I'll be with Mounika. Thank you Jaan." she kisses his cheek. He too kissed her forehead.
_________________________________________
The next morning, Sumedh and Mallika went to Basant's House.

"Welcome home Mallii," Mounika said while hugging her. "How are you dear?"

"I'm fine Mouni," Mallika said with a smile.

Suddenly, Sumedh's phone rang.

"What!? Another case? At where? Aahh shitt! I'm coming."

"Sumi what happened?" Mallika was worried.

"Nothing Jaanu. I have to go now. See you bye." Sumedh kissed her forehead and left immediately!
________________________________________
Hello Guys! So what do you think about this chapter?

Who is the person who pretended Sumedh?

Who Is Krishn?

What Mallika saw is the truth or is she hallucinating!?

Drop your Comments and Kill the Star button.