10

"What the hell are you doing?" Reaper said in a husky voice as he came up behind Psylocke who was focused on reading one of the books he had found when everyone was settling into the warehouse.

Psylocke jumped at the sound of Reaper's voice and quickly turned to face him. "Why?" he blurted out. "Why do you want to know?"

The smile Reaper had on his face quickly disappeared, replaced by a frown that showed exactly how he felt. "Why are you acting like that towards me?" He asked Psylocke in a whiny voice.

Psylocke looked away from him and back at the book in his hands before closing it and letting out a sigh. "I don't know what you mean." He looked at Reaper who was still frowning and started to feel guilty.

"Listen, I'm sorry I kissed you the other day, I thought you felt the same way."

Shaking his head, Psylocke looked away from Reaper. "This whole thing is just confusing for me and I don't know how to process it. And the last thing I want is for them to find out about what is going on."

"What do you mean? I didn't say anything."

With another sigh he finally locked eyes with Reaper who was still not smiling. "When we teleported here two weeks ago you talked and looked at me in a way a friend doesn't look at another friend."

Reaper let out a laugh that was more out of disbelief than humor. "Seriously? That's the issue? I was a little flirty in front of everyone, so what? It's not like you reciprocated the feelings. As always."

This time it was Psylocke who let out a laugh. "Are you kidding me? As always? Do you not realize who you are talking to? I don't feel things towards people. I don't feel anything at all. The fact that I feel something with you is enough shock for me to last a lifetime. But you don't understand that do you? Because your lifetime is a hell of a lot longer than mine."

"Wow, okay," Reaper said with an angry nod. He turned away from Psylocke and was ready to leave the small area that had been turned into Psylocke's room but was caught off guard by Rogue.

"I heard nothing," Rogue said in more of a questioning tone than a commenting one.

Reaper looked back at Psylocke before he walked out of the area and towards his own makeshift room. Across the warehouse Warlock and Ira were sitting around a table they had found in a storage room at the back of the warehouse. On top of the table was a map with all the locations they knew they could and could not go to circled in red and black. They had been discussing the next move for war for the past five hours but had gotten nowhere.

"I don't understand," Warlock said as he took his glasses off and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"What I am saying is, they know that we won't go to confinement because we'd get caught. I think that's the perfect place to start. Not only can we break in and destroy it, but we can break out what little mutants are left there."

"Ira, we don't even know if any are left there," Warlock said with a sigh as he put his glasses back on.

Ira leaned over the table, placing his index finger on the black circle marking confinement. "If we are going to win this war, we need to start somewhere that they won't expect us to start."

Warlock quickly swatted Ira's hand off the map, wiping the oil from the pizza Ira had eaten just minutes before, off the map. "Get your twig looking fingers off the map if you're going to cover it in food."

"Cruel," Ira said as he sat back down and stretched out his long legs.

For a few minutes, the two of them sat in silence. It wasn't until Fortis walked towards the table with a cup of coffee that they started talking again.