Living The Dream!

Chapter 1

The Rally

"Hey Zoe' when did you start riding?" Questioned the reporter. I can't believe that, me Zoe' Horsecroft gets to be interviewed by Australia's coolest mag Horsez Weekly!!! Zoe' thought. "Um Zoe'? The reporter said in a strange tone. "Oh ahh right sorry, well it all started when it was my 10th Birthday andmy parents said that for my birthday I can learn to ride!!" I said happily. "Sounds pretty cool to me!!" the reporter chuckled. "So, Zoe' what riding club do you go to?" "It's the best around; it's called Main Ridge Riding Club..........."                    

"Hello, Zoe'?? Stop daydreaming you're up!" Exclaimed Ruby "Okay Okay I'm coming" I said as I lined up Jag my fave little grey pony at Main Ridge Riding Club, ready for the mounted egg and spoon race. My best friend Ruby lets me ride him because I don't have my own horse.

"And they're off!!" Shouted Anna, Ruby's Mum. I can hear the sound of Jag's hooves as we canter from the starting line, the egg wobbles left andthen right, round the barrel we go, I can hear the sound of huge sighs from the crowd as someone from the other team drops their egg but I have no time to look I have to focus on making it to the finish line, Jag's little legs move as fast as they can go, I love him so much, cause he always tries to please me! As we are returning to the finish line my heart's beating like never before and we made it!!

 I dismount and noticed Ruby making her way over to see me "Great work Zoe' you came 2nd, and you beaten Kara to it!" Ruby said proudly. Just thinking about Kara Goodwin makes me mad, she's the meanest girl I know, I couldn't stand her to win, but in the end she came 4th , I guess she deserved what she got after how she treated me yesterday! She's a tall blondegirl witha bob "Thanks, 'cause I had a best friendlike you to help me out!, what did you come?" I said with a very interested look on my face. " I came 1st but I had to vs. Tony or should I say Tiny!!!" Ruby said angrily. Tony's really mean and thinks he's so cool cause he hangs around Kara, he is the most scrawniest, shortest guy I have ever seen so that's why we call him Tiny, plus he smells like gone off cheese!! Ruby's a great rider, she's been riding since she was 4! I have been only riding for almost 3 years. "Great work! You kicked Tiny's butt in the egg and spoon race!" I beamed.

"Everyone pay attention!!" Announced Anna, "The Rally against MerricksRiding Club in 2 weeks!!, we've got to be ready, because the winning club gets $5,000 to spend on equipment, and we can put it towards the new tack room and everyone will get their own saddle rack with you and your horse's name engraved on a plague above the rack!" I looked over to Ruby who was sitting next to me on her horse Nipper the most beautiful Chestnut pony I have ever seen, with a shiny coat, sweet kind face and to top it off, a beautiful browband in the colours of Main Ridge Riding club colours sky blue and a shimmering gold.

****************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 2

I want a horse!

It's great because I'm only two houses down from Main Ridge Riding Club so it's handy 'cause I can walk to my riding club and go see Ruby too! Every time we ride at my riding club we have to wear our Main Ridge Riding Club polo shirt which is Sky blue with gold letters with the writing Main Ridge Riding Club witha little gold horse head underneath anduse Sky blue saddle blanket with gold edging and gold writing. I wish I lived and owned the Main Ridge Pony Club like Ruby and her family she's sooo so lucky!! But I really want a horse so so sooo badly!!! I would name him Nicky, but I not sure how I am going to convince my parents to let me have one.

I walked home from Main Ridge Riding Club and jumped on the couch next to Mum and Dad and changed the channel, "Mum? Did you know your hair looks divine today?" "Thank-you Zoe' but you'd only say that when you want something, us Mum's are smart you know, as funny as it sounds your father and I were actually kids once! Anyway, you always come out with things like "Can I have a cat?" and you know that Dad is allergic to cats.  I know you when you do the whole hair complements thing." "Fine you guessed it!" I said admittedly, "Well you know how I have been riding for almost 3 years this coming March?" "Yeaaass" Insisted my mum Tanya. "Well I think it's time I should get a horse! I would look after it everyday; of course; and I'm turning 13 soon and I am very responsible." "Your Dad and I have been thinking, and unless we win the lottery you can't get a horse and even if we had enough money, you have to prove to us how responsible you say you are because owning a horse is a lot of work" Informed my Mum. "Your Mum's right and where are you going to keep the horse? And we don't have enough money to buy you a horse, so how are you going to get the horse? But if you save up enough money, find a place for the horse to live and show us how responsible you are, then maybe, just maybe we'll talk horses" My Dad John agreed. "I'm not sure where I'm going to keep my horse and where I'll get the money but I'll prove to you that I can sort it all out." I said convincingly.