Four

The bear was giant, I was assuming this bear was the so called "Keeper".
"Master, this girl has wandered here, and I think she will come back we should tell her our rules and become allies so we will not put our people in danger." The mouse explained this with several hand motions. The giant bear nodded like he understood, but I didn't.

"This place is special, it holds the key of past, everything you do is written here, every word, thought, action is here." it was if his words forced me to understand completely. he continued. "Do you know why my favorite number is five?" It seemed like a random and off-topic question but I decided to follow along. "Why?" He seemed happy to explain. "Five is a great number because it is the halfway point, when you turn one half into a decimal its .5, five on a scale from one to ten, nether great or bad, it's the point in life that determines whether your a success or a failure, if you keep going your a success, if you stay on the floor your a fail. Remember that Liesel, now go home and rest, you are welcome to come back tomorrow, but you absolutely must not tell any living soul about this place." I nodded. "I promise I won't tell. Now what is this place called?" The Keeper chuckled. "Symthwood, that is the name of the kingdom which I rule and you are standing in" I nodded again and started walking home, eventually I ran.