Chapter 3 - ???

Who am I? What am I? How did I come to be? The first thing I remember is waking up in the middle of a forest next to a pile of dirt. Buried in it was a diary, which I'm writing in now. There was also a body. I don't want to look at it. The previous entries tell the story of who I assume to be the person in the grave. It's fascinating! This journal looks old, weathered. I'm almost afraid to be writing in it or else it might break! I wonder how much time has passed since it's owner wrote in it last.

I also don't know who I am. I don't have any memories, and whenever I try to focus on that fact I'll notice something else and start thinking about it. It's like my missing memory doesn't want to be thought about. Oh well. I'm going to go explore.

She shut the diary and looked around. Well, she automatically knew she was a she, but she had no way to name herself. She walked towards the city and entered it. She had no clue why, it just felt right. Various sights and smells assaulted her, and from her singular hour of memory, nothing else compared. It was amazing! She skipped giddily down the sidewalk, earning a few looks from people. Suddenly, an idea struck.

She closed her eyes and spun around. Suddenly, when it felt right she stopped and pointed. Luckily no one was waking here so she didn't hit anyone. She opened her eyes to find that she was pointing at a toy shop, in particular a small puppet in the window. It was one of those puppets that were controlled by strings

"Marionette," she whispered, trying on her new name. It felt right. Marionette continued down the road, turning whichever way felt right. She didn't know where her intuitions were taking her, but Marionette knew they were going somewhere, and she was excited to find out.