stands in the dark

Usually I fall sleep around 11 pm, but some days I can’t sleep until 3 am, those days are the ones he appears. Probably before telling my story I should introduce myself, my name is Maddison and I am 16, and I’m from south Carolina, I consider myself a pretty ordinary teenager, I like reading, going out and talking to my friends. I live in my house with my mom, dad, little brother, and my cat. We moved here two years ago, that’s when he started visiting.

The horrible thing is that he doesn’t do anything, he just stands there, and observes me, just like a lion observes his prey, but he doesn’t so anything, in fact he doesn’t even move, he is always in the same corner in the exact same position.

He always appears about 2 am, he just materializes of thin air, if I stare at the place he appears one second it’s empty and in a blink he appears. I can’t see much in the dark, but I know he is black as a crow, yet he is transparent, he looks like a shadow and is very difficult to see in account he is so dark.

from what I’ve seen he doesn’t have any hair, ears, mouth or nose. But the worst part are his eyes they’re just white, just pure whiteness and when you see them you get invaded by the most gruesome and grotesque thoughts, some of them I can’t even attempt to write, some of them would make sick even the most disturbed people, those damned eyes always scare me. And you can feel when he is in the room because it gets colder and a smell of rotten flesh invades the room, the smell is somehow always worse and even if I put 2 sweaters it’s still the same freezing sensation.

I wrote this cause I just couldn’t stand it anymore, I just need this to stop, and I Will feel calm again, that night I took a flashlight and waited, punctual as ever the room got cold around 2 am, at the same time the smell of decomposing meat started emanating from a corner of my room, part of myself wanted to stay in bed and just live with it, but the other knew I couldn’t live like that, so I took a quick look, there he was, tall, dark and with those demonic eyes. I gathered the strength to start to stand up, and I started to get close to him, all of this with my eyes closed, as I started getting closer the smell was getting worse. When I was so close that I could touched him if I wanted, I stopped because I couldn’t do it, This was my final opportunity to get to bed again, and at that moment I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I was petrified, I couldn’t breath out of shear fear, in that moment my deepest wish was that I was dreaming, the I felt around 10 hands on my body trying to get me stay there then two hands slided across my face and each grabbed one my eyes trying to get them to open, I fought without any success when the hands opened my eyes I saw that we were face to face, eye to eye, and when I saw that close his eyes I noticed they weren’t just white, they were pure light, after 2 seconds the thoughts started coming, torture, killing, genocide, dismemberment, and thousands of other things that I can’t even write without wanting to kill myself invaded my mind, after all of that I just wanted it to end, I saw too much and knew too much to live a normal life again.

The two hands started getting even closer to my eyes, when I noticed their intention it was to late, with their fingers and nails they started to pull my eyes out, the pain was excruciating and my wish to end my life getting bigger and bigger, the hands didn’t stop until they took everything inside. I could feel the blood getting out of my insides and going down on my face, Then my throat and dripping on the floor, the pain was so intense that I just wanted to disappear and never be alive again, the pain was so intense that not much after they ripped my eyes off I passed out.

I awoken in total darkness I was already on my feet and up, I didn’t recognise where I was, after 15 minutes I knew, I was in a kids room, and there was of course a kid, I started looking at him, he was sleeping so peacefully but then I couldn’t stop looking, even if I wanted I couldn’t stop, I also noticed I wasn’t in me body, I was tall, dark and transparent, then I realised I was he who stands in the dark.