three

Alice's POV

after practically begging my friends to go to this party we finally arrived. i'm not sure if i wanted to go just to leave my house or because of the cute guy that invited me. either way i'm just happy to be here.

we came a bit late since my friends were so against going because they wouldn't know anybody there. the guy that invited me goes to a different school than us, but i'm sure we can manage talking to a few new people.

olivia and megan decided last second to give me a little makeover before coming here. i don't really know how to feel about it but i didn't fight cuz i just wanted us to get to the party as soon as possible. fighting would just waste more time.

we walk inside the house and its crowded with people. the living room was most crowded. it was a struggle just to get past the swarm of strangers. i'm all for parties don't get me wrong but it feels off seeing all these unfamiliar faces. i make it to the kitchen with the other two following short after.

"oo there's the drinks!" megan yells before running over to the island counter with all types of bottles on there. "what are you girls gonna drink?" she says while pouring one of the bottles into a plastic cup.

olivia scratches her head before responding, "i think i'll stay sober for now. i feel weird being around all these new people."

"oh lighten up liv. what about you alice? you're the one who brought us here so you have to get something," she smiles brightly while nudging my shoulder.

"yeah of course," i say while helping myself to whatever is in the keg. i look around seeing if i can spot justin, the guy who invited me. it takes a little bit but my eyes eventually snap on to him. he's in a nearby room playing beer pong. "well i see justin so i'm going to go say hi to him," i tell my friends.

olivia gives me a small smirk, "okay, don't have too much fun." she winks.

"ew gross, i barely know him," i retort.

they both laugh and megan speaks up, "well we'll be around, go on." she shoos me before they walk off to who knows where.

i fix my hair a little before walking up to justin. he spots me before i fully approach him and he sends me a smile. i smile back, "hey."

"hey, you came! i was thinking you would never show."

"well i'm here now," i respond. i met justin at the mall and i guess his cheerfulness was what drew me in. he holds a ping pong ball out to me before asking if i wanted to join. "screw it, why not?"

we play for a few minutes before someone yelling caught our attention. "don't touch me!" the voice boomed, after that everyone seemed to quiet down a little but the music still vibrated around the house. i wasn't able to catch a glimpse of whoever it was due to the crowds but i didn't think too much of it. not long after people starting talking again and everything was back to how it was.

someone came up to justin, i'm assuming it's one of his friends. "bro i just elbowed some random dude and he fucking snapped, did you hear him shout? his voice cracked like a little girl" he laughed.

dick. why laugh at that? i was about to let out a scoff but justin started laughing with him. they continued talking and laughing about the guy so i just walked off. he didn't even notice. i don't want to be around some dickhead that laughs at his friend hurting some poor dude.

i wander around looking for olivia and megan. i just want to be around them. justin ruined my mood and i don't want to socialize with any of the people at this party. i mean if they're at his party then they must like him. i eventually find them in the backyard. megan was making out with some random guy in the pool while olivia was talking to a group of people by the hot tub.