2

after about 2 hours and another starbucks run later, amara and i got back to our shared apartment. we carried all of the groceries in and proceeded to put them away in their designated spots.

after putting everything away, amara looks at me with a sly smile. "get anything from billie yet?"

i laughed, "probably not, dude. but i'll look."

i brought out my phone and looked at all my notifications.

there was nothing.

"all i have on here is a dry ass phone. nothing from nobody." i let out a large sigh. "i'm gonna go out for a ciggie. wanna join?"

"no i'll stay in here. i'm gonna get started on my homework. you should too when you get back in here. you've been slacking a lot lately with your constant daydreaming."

i rolled my eyes and grabbed my cigarettes and lighter. "suit yourself. i'll be back in like 10."

then out the door i went.

it just got done raining. the sun was trying to peek through the clouds but the wind started catching up again. i lit my cigarette and started walking towards the designated smoking area.

then i felt a buzz in my pocket.

i grabbed my phone and saw the notification.

notification from: billieeilish

"what the fuck." i said. i put the cigarette in my mouth and unlocked my phone.

billieeilish- damn that's not weird at all

i freaked out. i let out a loud yell and started running towards my apartment door and ran in.

"AMARA GET THE FUCK OUT HERE NOW." i demanded.

amara ran out of her room. "what the hell! get your cigarette out of your mouth and put that shit out!"

i took a long drag then put it the cigarette out in the sink, blowing the smoke out. "LOOK AT THIS SHIT," i said tossing my phone to my friend.

amara's jaw dropped, "you're lying." i shook my head, "dude it's her. how could i lie about that."

"well what are you gonna say back? this is completely insane. i don't even know what you should say back. the fact that she messaged you? holy shit, madison. this is crazy." amara tossed my phone back to me.

"i have no idea but i'm not doing my schoolwork. not after this, there's no way." i started walking towards my room staring at the message still.

"let me know if she says anything after you text back. i'm going in my room." amara walked back to her room and shut the door.

once i got in my room i sat on my bed trying to think of things to say. then the idea of just telling billie the truth came to mind.

madisonn- sorry dude. genuinely thought you wouldn't text back.

after a couple short minutes, billie texted back.

billieeilish- no worries. glad to know you're not a weirdo tho like most ppl lol

madisonn- nah i'm not that weird tbh. but it's kinda wack how you're still texting me back.
madisonn- completely insane.
madisonn- didn't sign up for this typa shit

billieeilish- well you're in luck cuz i'm hella bored sitting at home.
billieeilish- this virus bullshit is annoying as fuck

madisonn- ya i bet..

billieeilish- so tell me about yourself madison. keep me entertained

madisonn- i'll definitely keep you entertained ;)

billieeilish- okay bye that's weird af

madisonn- fuck my bad homie
madisonn- uhh i'm 17, live in iowa, and have fantasized about this day for a few years now.
madisonn- i feel like imma make a wish kid or somethin

billieeilish- lmao that's hilarious
billieeilish- but iowa is far away.
billieeilish- what possessed your mind to have you message me?

madisonn- my friend pretty much said i didn't have the balls to do it but here i am.

billieeilish- here you are.

i laid down on my bed in aw of the conversation. the fact that she keeps texting back is still insane. it almost feels like a dream.

madisonn- quick question

billieeilish- shoot

madisonn- is this a dream?

billieeilish- pinch yourself
billieeilish- still think it's a dream luv?

———————
bro on a fr note tho if this ever happened to me i'm stealing money and moving to LA to pursue my dreams with this woman