4

it's been a couple hours since i texted her and i haven't gotten anything back. that's understandable, though. she's most likely busy planning future concerts or whatever famous people do or maybe she's asleep like a normal human being at this time.

in order for me to pass some time, i got up and decided to hop in the shower. i went on apple music and played my "hype" playlist which varied between rap, heavy metal, and pop music.

after about 30 minutes or so, i got out of the bathroom dressed in comfy clothes but was startled seeing my roommate sitting on the couch.

"what a concert. invite me again next time," amara giggled.

"piss off. only real ones are allowed to hear the voice of a broken record. now if you excuse me, i'm gonna head to bed finally."

amara stood up and quickly walked over to me, grabbing my arm. "you never told me about your conversation with billie eilish herself. how did it go? i wanna hear everything."

i sighed and rubbed the back of my head. "uh.. i mean.. it's been alright? i got her number out of it too. no big deal."

amara shrieked. i covered my ears, "ow what the fuck? settle down a notch holy hell."

"maddie! that's awesome! you have billie fucking eilish's phone number! how are you not screaming right now? more importantly, why are you not on the phone with her or texting her?"

"i don't know maybe because it's late and she may be asleep or she's busy. we're not friends, mara. chill out. i wouldn't even be mad if she never texted me back." what i said there wasn't necessarily a lie per say. i would be lying if i said i wouldn't be sad.

"hopefully she'll text you later. now get to bed, we have school tomorrow. you don't want to be late again." she said.

i did a slight nod and started walking into my room then shut the door behind me. i wasn't even tired, i didn't want to sleep. on the outside i was acting calm and collected, but on the inside i had a mosh pit full of butterflies in my gut. the one girl i completely adored was saved into my phone. a girl i never thought would even acknowledge my initial message let alone my existence.

as i laid down in my bed, i checked my phone one more time to see if there was any notifications.

there was nothing.

i plugged my phone into the charger and sat it down on the empty space beside me, turned over, and slowly drifted away into a not-so-easy-or-peaceful sleep.

***

i woke up to my alarm at 8am. i hit the snooze button and turned back over then got awoken by a sudden banging sound on my door.

"get up! no hitting the snooze button! you literally can't miss another day of school, maddie."

i groaned loud enough where amara could hear it. then i heard my door slam open.

"don't fucking groan at me either. you know i'm right. get the hell up. we're leaving the apartment in 30 minutes." she said annoyingly, then slammed my door back shut.

after about 5 minutes of just laying in bed, i finally got the motivation to get up. i sat on the side of my bed and started rubbing my eyes then my thoughts swarmed about what happened the other day. i picked my phone up just to see people on snapchat sending their morning streaks. nothing from billie still.

i got up and threw on whatever i could find which led to a black hoodie and black skinny jeans. then i walked to the bathroom to do the usual hygiene care.

by the time 8:30 rolled around i was out in the living room to meet up with amara so we could get to school.

"well hello there. glad to see you up and ready to bump. i got you an ice coffee so you didn't fully look and act like hell this morning. you can thank me later. let's go."

i grabbed the ice coffee and took a long sip out of it, following behind amara to her car.

as we got into her car she instantly asked me if billie texted me back. all i did was shake my head and take another drink of my coffee. "nope. nothing. just streaks on snapchat," was all i said. my friend sighed, "i'm sorry. maybe she'll text you sooner rather than later." with that amara started the car and we drove off.

would she text me again or was it a one time deal?

————

boom.