Two

Johnny leaned back on the headboard of his bed, his posture completely unhealthy. His gaze was locked on the illuminated television screen as his thumbs frantically moved against the joysticks of his Xbox controller. 

His attention remained fixated until he was killed within the game and his phone screen brightened and buzzed. He set the controller down on his lap and grasped the phone, swiping it open to an Instagram notification. 

ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ²:⁴⁷ ᴾ.ᴹ

tenlee_1001 : if youre
free tonight, roller
skating at 7?

yeah, uh

that sounds fine

tenlee_1001 : i'll get us
uber so no need to
drive :D

tenlee_1001 : meet
outside that oven brick
pizza place on 8th street?

okay

tenlee_1001 : see you tonight then 🥳

Johnny didn't bother replying after. He threw his phone to the edge of his bed and continued on with his game. 

~~~~

Johnny rubbed his eyes as he awoke. His left hand rested near his console controller while the light from the television pierced his sight. He felt the wrinkled sheets near his feet vibrate from his ringing phone. He sat up in a hazy confusion, carded through his hard with his right hand, and grasped the phone to see seven messages from Ten. His eyes widened when he realized the time. 

ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ⁶:⁵⁴ ᴾ.ᴹ.

tenlee_1001 : i got here a little early lmao

tenlee_1001 : i'll just assume youre getting ready 👁👄👁

ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ⁷:¹⁰ ᴾ.ᴹ.

tenlee_1001 : it's cold out here so maybe if you got here soon?

tenlee_1001 : no rush tho

ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ⁷:²⁴ ᴾ.ᴹ.

tenlee_1001 : youre not a very punctual person lmao 

ᵀᵒᵈᵃʸ ⁷:³⁹ ᴾ.ᴹ.

fuck

ten im so sorry, i fell asleep gaming

if you're still waiting i'll sprint over

He despised going out, yet couldn't handle the thought of Ten being alone.

Johnny rushed out of bed, clutching what ever clean clothes he could find sprawled on the floor. He slid on a pair of Sk8-Hi Vans while agitatedly brushing his teeth. He stuffed his half charged phone and keys in his pocket, slamming the apartment door on his way out.

He skipped steps while rushing down the stairway and continually cursed under his breath while scampering along the dimly lit streets.