Pancakes

Warning: This chapter contains smut. 

  The sun had fully risen in the sky. The morning was over and the day had fully dived into the warm lazy afternoon. Outside the bedroom window, birds flew by and chirped. The tree leaves rustled with the wind, and a stream of sunlight poked through your window. You lied in bed, scrunching your nose up when you felt something fuzzy poking it. Your lids slowly opened and when your blurred vision readjusted, you saw that it was Felipe who had crawled into your hair. You scooped up the tarantula in your hand and brought him to your lips to give him a tiny peck on his head.

"Awww Felipe," you murmured sleepily. "Are you hungry?"

He blinked at you in response. You let him rest on your chest and you turned expecting to see your boyfriend lying down next to you. Instead, he stood by the window, a ball of blue flames around his fist. 

You looked at him questionably. "What are you doing so far away? Come back here." You reached out to him expecting him to come back and cuddle you in bed, but he shook his head and stayed in his spot.

"Nu-uh. Not until you put him away."

You looked down at Felipe who innocently rested on your chest. "Aw come on, Dabi," you pouted. "He won't bite."

"How the hell does he keep getting out of his cage!" Dabi fumed exasperated. 

"His "cage" is a big Tupperware container, sweetheart," you pointed out teasingly. "Of course he'd managed to get out while hungry."  Dabi narrowed his eyes down at you at the nickname. You sat up in bed and patted the spot next to you, holding Felipe close to your chest still. "Come, sit. I want you to at least try touching him."

His eyes widened, a wide sarcastic grin on his lips. "You know if he does anything I'll burn him to a crisp, right?"

You rolled your eyes, not taking his threat seriously. "Dabi," you said in a warning tone. "Just trust me. I'll make sure he doesn't hurt you."

"As if I'd let him," he muttered under his breath. He turned off his flames. Dabi cautiously slid onto the bed, still keeping a good distance from you or rather, Felipe. 

Felipe crawled down your arm to the palm of your hand and curiously looked up at Dabi. The raven haired man was taken aback and scooted farther away. You held onto the sleeve of his shirt and pulled him back towards you. 

"Give me your palm," you instructed.

"I am not holding him."

"You won't hold him you big baby. Just give me your hand," you huffed. 

  Dabi reluctantly stuck his hand out to you. You took hold of his index finger and carefully brought it to the top of Felipes head. The tarantula stayed still for the most part. You didn't sense that he was anxious or on the brink of attacking defensively. That was a good thing.  Dabi on the other hand, was very tense. He watched intently as you brought his finger closer and you swore you saw his finger shake for a bit. It was cute seeing your boyfriend act frightened. Dabi usually boasted about how nothing scared him. 

  You brought his finger closer and delicately petted the top of Felipes head with it. Dabi inhaled sharply, most likely expecting the worst to happen next. But Felipe was quite content with the small pat Dabi had given him. You let go of Dabis finger and let him decide whether or not keep petting Felipe. Surprisingly, he did. 

"It feels...weird," he murmured. "He's kinda soft I guess."

You smiled happily. "See? I told you he wouldn't bite."

"Baby, you did say he was hungry so I wouldn't be surprised if tries to bite me." 

You blushed at the new nickname he gave you. "I-I'll go feed him now."