IVY

The day hasn't yet started on my first day back at Ridgewood high and it was already a disaster. I slept through my alarm ringing and ended up waking thirty minutes late. So after a record shower time, I dressed in an off-shoulder long sleeve black crop top coupled with a pair of light blue mom jeans rolled up at the ankle, and a pair of black and white chuck tailors. I threw a camo anorak over it, as it might be Autumn in our small town of RIdgewood, Virginia but it doesnt really get cold until mid November ( Ivy's outfit- https://www.polyvore.com/ivys_first_day_school/set?id=224890219). I put on some concealer to cover up my sleeping bags, some mascara/ eyeliner and a dash of lipstick. I grab my black tote as I rush out my bedroom door and down the stairs.

"Your late",                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             I hear my dad say as I rush into the kitchen to grab a granola bar.                                                       "I know, I missed my alarm; where's Sophie I thought I was dropping her off at school", I ask my dad as I look around for my little sister.                                                                                                                  "Your mom decided to take her, you know first day and all", he replies.                                              "Ok well got to go, love you ", I say as I rush out the house to the driveway where my black 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle ( photo is on the right) is parked. Lucky for me there's no traffic and I get to school with a few minutes to spare. I park my car and head to the administrative block where I get my schedule, locker number and combination from the front desk then I head over to my first class; world history.

Being the new girl halfway through the semester kind of sucks and my crappy first day just exemplified it. After getting to class seemingly right on time I get to deal with a teacher who looks like he stepped off the set of the purge, a group of vapid teenage Gretchen Weiners wannabe's who seem to not understand that the world doesn't revolve around them and finally Julian Carter. The last time I saw Julian he was an eight-year-old boy who loved mac and cheese and Mario Cart, but the muscular 6 ft plus hunk of a man who strolled into the world history class halfway through the lesson was nothing like that little boy.But I would recognize him any day. Maybe it's the same gorgeous blue eyes I loved back then- the eyes that seemed like it could reach into your inner depths, however, that's  all that remains of that little boy. His dark brown hair is now shoulder length. He has a tattoo of a dragon on his arm peeking out from beneath his white t-shirt. I am jarred from my thoughts by the scraping sound of the chair beside me as it struggles to accommodate Julian's large frame.                                                                                                                                                       "I heard you were back but I didn't believe it, what is little Miss Ivy Brooks doing back in Ridgewood, Virginia?", he asks in a deep and raspy voice.                                                                           "We moved back, I guess we just missed home and what happened between you and your brothers, you all were best of friends back then ", I stated dryly.                                                               "Just remember this hasn't been your home for a long time and there's a lot you don't know so just mind your own business and we can get along fine", he says finally before turning to face the front; effectively ending our conversation.                                                                                                They say first days determine the school year so I guess mine is about to suck ass.

Hello fellow Wattpad readers big thanks to any one who took time out to read this story; Love you all. Please don't forget to vote and comment on the story. BYE....xoxo.