Yellow

KAEDE AKAMATSUS POV

I wake up, yawning and stretching. Instantly getting out of bed i feel the blood rush down and I feel as if i'm about to pass out entirely. I open the window and pull up the blinds, the bright morning sun hits my face faster than that slap last week. A morning breeze hits my chest like cold water, I inhale and exhale before getting into new clothes, fresh from the laundry. A yellow shirt and shorts will do for today. I hear my mom call out.

"Kaede! Breakfast is ready!!" She yells out for me, I panic for a second before putting my hair up in a messy ponytail and running down the stairs, sitting down at the table. My mom speeds by, gently putting a plate with an omelette and bacon on it. My brother comes down and sits beside me and my dad on the opposite. We eat until we are full.

"Did you do all your homework?" My dad looks up at me, from his food.

"Yeah, I did." I nod and smile, saying with my mouth almost full of the savory eggs.

"Don't speak with your mouth full, Kaede." My mom chimed in, she sounded serious but she was smiling, even though her back was turned.

After finishing my food I put my plate in the sink, and ran upstairs, I put my earphones in and got my backpack. Putting on my backpack and earphones I make my way for the door, waving to my family goodbye and walking to the bus stop. A familiar figure runs after me and stops next to
me

"Kaede! Kaede!" He yells out, I turn my head to the voice and I see Shuichi, my boyfriend. I take our one earphone.

"Hey, babe." I smile at him, he smiles softly at me, he probably looked cuter than ever today. Ever since we started to date he's slowly gotten more and more confident, I am honestly so proud of him!

"Hey, sweetheart." He grins, "How are you today?" he asks me, before I can even answer I heard footsteps coming from the back of us. I swish my head around to see, Kaito and Maki.

"Yo, Shuichi! My bro!" Kaito said, wrapping his arm around Shuichi and standing on his other side. I quickly looked back at Maki, damn she looked kinda pissed, so I thought maybe if they are having bro time her and I can have girl time!

"Hey Maki." I smile, gently grabbing her closer to me so we can talk more privately, she blushed at the sudden contact but I assume it meant nothing.

"Oh.. Hey, Kaede." She said, biting her nails, I quickly took her hand away from her mouth, forcing her to stop biting her nails.

"Huh- ... Do you wanna die?" She got a bit intense, I panicked and chuckled a bit, nervously.

I shook my head, "N-No.. haha uh I just wanted you to stop biting your nails." I say, she slowly stopped looking so intense, relaxing her body. Once I looked up, I noticed that I was just about to bump into the school doors, Shuichi and Kaito were almost inside and Maki had pushed open the doors and walked in. I sighed, they didn't wait for me huh... as I pushed open the doors I quickly trotted over to Shuichi and tapped his shoulder, he turned to look at me.

"See you later, love you!" I smile, kissing him on the cheek, leaving him flustered and all blushy, I quickly turn around and giggle. I walk towards my friends, Miu, Tenko and Kokichi.

"Hey, Piano Freak! What took you so long?" Miu erupted, putting her hands on her hips and eyeing my outfit... specifically my boobs.

I blush and subtly try to cover my ... chest region. "I was walking with my boyfriend, Kaito and Maki today." I say, that's when I saw Kokichi's eyes light up, like sparklers on the 4th of July

"Your boyfriend? You mean.. Shuichi?" He smirked, for context, Kokichi jokes about stealing my boyfriend all the time, I know he's just joking and lying but sometimes I can't help but think he will actually steal my boyfriend.

"Yeah.. Shuichi." I say, Kokichi smirked, he looked at everyone in our group, and when he got to Tenko, she quickly burst.

"Kokichi! You are being a total degenerate male right now! Stop joking about stealing other people's love!" She looked as if she was about to karate kick Kokichi but I quickly stopped her.

"Tenko!- It's okay trust me." I grabbed her shoulder and her upper arm, the cackling hyena laugh in the background was Miu.

As I tried to calm down the two, I heart Miu say things and tried to tap my shoulder multiple times.

"Kaede-... Kaede- KAEDE!" She yells, causing me to jump and turn around, I felt my heart racing after the sudden yell of my name, I look at Miu.. I was puzzled at what she wanted me to look at.

"What is it, Miu?" I ask, trying to look in through the crowd, "Who is there?? What's so important?" I'm getting frustrated now, I just want to know what's making Miu so hyper right now.

"Look look! There's this new guy! Green hair, tons of piercings, tall, hot, skinny! Everything a girl would want!" She exclaimed, tightly grabbing onto my arm and ... almost... touching my boob. After scanning the whole hallway for this quote on quote.. 'hot male' I finally spotted him... my heart dropped, Miu was right.. and to be completely honest, he was hotter than Shuichi.

I regretted thinking that, I really did... I mean I suppose it's okay to think things like that but was it really? I loved Shuichi, I really did! I would never want to lose him, or let him go, but... this new guy made me feel different.. the butterflies in my stomach had babies when I first met Shuichi but now those cocoons have hatched and there are a million more butterflies when I look at this new guy. I felt my face turn red hot, even my ears felt like they had been standing in front of a candle just to feel it's warmth.

"So.. you gonna go get him?" Miu interrupted my train of thought. "What? No! I have a boyfriend, Miu." I shook my head completely of those thoughts and knew to stay loyal at all costs.

"Really? Fine! I guess he's all for me!" Miu smiles cheerfully, normally I would be happy for Miu but I was ... jealous? You've gotta be joking, I mean Miu did allow me to go after him but I don't need her approval! No! I have to stay loyal... fate has brought me here just to test my loyalty and I will pass .. i will ACE this stupid dumb test. But those thoughts came back, and the butterflies spread everywhere, I didn't even know his name. I mean... maybe a little conversation wouldn't hurt, would it?