Chapter 1

When I was little my dad would hold me over his head and run around making airplane noises. Then I felt like I was on top of the world. Now I feel like I'm in the deepest darkest part of the world.
I used to be happy. What changed you asked? More like who. He told me this would happen. So I knew it was coming I guess you could say I should have been prepared. But no one can really be ready for what I'm going through.
Let me introduce myself.
I'm Alexandra but you can call me Alex. And I'm seventeen years old.
"Alex, honey are you up?" My mom yelled up the stairs
"Yes, be down in a minute" I call back down.
I hop out of bed and head to the bathroom. Beating my little brother Thomas to it.
"Hey no fair! You take forever to get ready!" He shouts
"Life's not fair" I retort. Because its not
He huffs and walks away. Stomping his feet down the stairs. Rolling my eyes I hop in the shower.
When I get out I put on black skinny jeans and a blue long sleeves shirt. My mom always told me I looked pretty in blue. That it brings out the blue in my green eyes. I don't see it.
I dry my hair and throw it into a messy bun and put on make up. Just simple makeup on the face and wrist.
I walk down the stairs with my backpack in hand and sat down at the table.
My mom puts a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me. I look at it in distaste. My mom gives me a look.
Here we go.
"Honey you need to eat." She says
"I'm not hungry, mom"I reply. "I'm gonna be late. Love you!"
With that I run out the door and into my car.
On my way there I jam out to one direction. I love them so much.
Shortly I pull into the school Parking lot. I hop out of the car and pull my hood up and look down. Slinging my backpack over my shoulder I start walking.
That's when the whispers start.
So look at my like I'm just trying to get attention. Others with sympathy.
Like they know what I'm going through.
But they don't. And they never will.
I grab the things I will need for the first three classes and shove the rest in my locker.
First class English. My favorite class