Lost and Found

My letter was folded and hidden in my backpack. I made it to my locker fine. My backpack was inside and I was collecting my books when it came.
Someone shoved me into my locker. I slammed into my backpack. My friend had already left for class, and like usual, I was alone. I stuck out my foot to stop the locker door from closing. I looked out to see my attacker, but they were long gone. Giggles echoing down the empty hallway. I sighed, collected my books from the ground, and went to class.

Little did I know, someone had seen. Watched from the corner, picked up an envelope from the ground, and began to read.

As I headed to lunch that day, I was alone again because I went to talk to a teacher about a missed test. As I walked to the cafeteria, a hand was placed on my shoulder. I jumped, expecting Brianna or Bradley. But when I turned, I found my not-very-close friend, Maya.
"It may not mean something to you, but it means something to me," she looked straight into my eyes, "it means not giving up. It means that you're strong, even though you don't see it. It means something I won't let you take. Because I would miss you. And Elizabeth would miss you. And Kat, and Eve, and everyone you have ever made smile. Don't give up because a few jerks realized you are the nicest girl ever. They just want for you to give up. And I won't let you." Then she walked away. The girl who saved my life.

Because she saw. Because she cared. Because she read. Because she knew. Because she told. Because she saved.

Thank you, and you know who you are, because you saved my life.