III

At the wide green space of the campus' quad, the rows of maroon red canopies stood tall under a promising clear Tuesday sky that neither proved a hot nor cold day. Mass of students crowded these maroon canopied booths, decorated with the corresponding club's ounce of creativity who gave students free treats in exchange for potential club membership and campus involvement. The university's fall fair started its first day where students, especially the freshmen, gathered to acknowledge the blossoming campus' greek life with hundreds of clubs you can join within the first weeks of a new college semester. The students' excitement reflected the quad's busy state similar to a loud wet market.

In the corner, the Criminal justice club's booth positioned themself well, and there seated the two light-haired acquaintances, assisting freshmen with signing up while trying to maintain a good amount of students in their booth unlike the full non-canopied Fraternity booth across them who are just passing out flyers.

"I'm supposed to be looking for Professor Motoyama!" Shinnosuke Kamei began to wail. His thin flyers of paperwork placed on the table seem to overload him.

"It's been barely an hour." Katou Haru felt annoyed.

"Almost an hour." Kamei pouted, sliding down to his chair. He never knew that he'd experience a lot of waiting.

"I see that you have the statue." A sweet gentle voice said, bringing delight to Kamei's ear. His yellow-brown eyes ignited and glanced from left to right, like a wild duckling looking for its mother. He didn't see her, and only students occupied his line of sight.

"I'm sorry!" An abrupt male freshman said as he turned around to witness that he bumped into an old petite woman.

"It's okay." The same sweet gentle voice replied back.

"Professor Motoyama!" A short bob cut grey-haired woman stood out to Kamei's sight filled with a frontier of young students crowding the table.

"Hello, Kamei." The Humanities Professor smiled at him, and his eyes sparkled.

"You have Themis at your front. Could that be Professor Nakamoto's?" Profesor Motoyama refers to the Human-sized grey statue of Themis, the god of justice, standing next to their table with her iconic blindfold, scale, and sword.

"Uhhh..." Kamei glanced at Katou.

"Yes, I managed to convince the Professor to lend it to us for public attraction," Katou replied to Motoyama while passing some flyers to the interested students

"Very unlikely for him, especially if it's his Themis, but since it's Haru, he doesn't mind." Professor Motoyoma's word made Katou freeze for a second.

"He really enjoys you as his student!" She added. During class discussion, Katou recalls back to his days in his Criminology theory class, recalling those moments when he and the professor would outrageously debate on controversial issues

"I-I have high marks in my high school years, Professor Motoyama, and I will be in your class this year!" Kamei catches on.

"I better get going. I have to check out the Humanities club." Professor Motoyoma checks on her wristwatch and leaves.

"I'll be joining the Humanities club!"

"Get to work, Kamei." Katou nudges him.

.....

"Look at these guys. They look so cool. It's so unfair!" Kamei looks at the increasing line of people in the Fraternity's booth across from them. Two buff male students assisted the table booth that holds the banner of the Greek letters of the Frat's name.

"It's a trap." Kamei raises his eyebrow to Katou.

"I promise you. They just leech on your money and acts as a disturbance in school"