V

The sunlight slipping past his window blinds summoned a sandy blonde male from his wrinkled bed. As he got up, a blurry world spun around him, and he felt a massive headache pounding on his forehead. He let out a yawn, smelling the boozed lingering in his breath and catching a glimpse of the glaring red led lights of his bedside clock.

12:00pm on a Friday.

Bolting from his bed and doubling the headache he endures, he pats his pants pockets and pulls out his phone. He groans. His phone's battery was at 3 percent.

Meanwhile, on the other end of the spectrum of the hungover Kamei was Katou who just survived a three-hour lecture.

"Better enjoy yourself during the last day of the campus fair because next week, I'll be giving the class loads of work." As the professor bid his goodbye, students pushed their chairs and fled down the stairs of the tiered style classroom, begging for their freedom.

"I hope I get a bid invitation card. I've been frat rushing for the past two weeks!"

"No frat has given me one yet, and I've been doing since freshman year."

Two male students bickered behind while Katou stood from his seat and strode his way to the professor, but a buzzing sensation on his thigh interrupted his tracks. The phone's caller ID flashed the name of Kamei Shinnosuke.

"Heyyyy Katou!" Answering the phone, a jubilant voice greeted him."Uhm, would you please do me a favor and cover my shift for the next three hours?" A hastiness hinted at his voice.

"Went partying last night?" Katou guesses, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Hahaha...Uh, yes."

"On a Thursday school night."

More nervous laughter erupted from the other line.

In the end, Katou ended up doing his co-worker's demands, thinking for the greater good of bearing less of his student loan debts to pay his tuition after his future college graduation. He arrives at the cafe and starts to do some basic chores where he dumps those musty garbage bags to the dumpster.

Dragging the weight of a trash bag enveloped with mildew and black coffee beans, footsteps approached behind the cafe worker.

"Katou-senpai," he said, and the voice belonged to the raven that made the taupe's consistent 5-day streak of avoiding Kambr as much as possible to be thrown out of the window.

"You don't know when to give up. Huh? " Katou replied, raising his voice and proceeding to swing the garbage bag to the dumpster while Kambe stared at him in silence.

"Last week, I saw you even went to a frat party." Crossing his arms, he decided to turn to Kambe's direction.

"I thought you aren't that type to attend those things." Kambe tries to recall that night filled with muddy memories

"The same thing goes for you, but we were both under special circumstances. By the way, I did you a favor and dragged you to your car when you were too shitfaced to do it."

The raven raised his eyebrows. All this time, he had assumed he managed to walk his way to his car. During that night, sands of chances sifted through his fingers where he almost could find the fraternity with the beer pong game and that tall male. After that, he woke up with a headache, a dried vomit, and an alcohol breath but not any major valuable information about the fraternity that he could remember. His only final chance appears right before him, and he won't let this slip away, forcing a to use the last resort.

"This was the only job that kept you in university, and without it, you're left with great tuition debt."

Just like a headache that comes and goes, there it is again. His damned controversial involvement with the fraternity used to provoke Katou Haru's veins. His arms leaned in towards Kambe, and as his fingers twisted on Kambe's collar, he wrinkled his ironed collar. Each time their faces confront each other, the taupe expresses furrowed brows and gritted teeth while the raven maintains a relaxed expression.