chapter 3 - gracie

I put the bag from the vinyl store on my bed. I had picked out some other vinyls, and so had Wilbur. After we had gone to the vinyl store, we decided to quickly go to a café and talk for a bit. We went to one of my favourite cafés; it was always so cosy and lovely there - not to mention that the employees were some of the nicest people I've encountered. 
While sitting in the café, I had opened up a bit more about myself. It wasn't something I expected to do so soon, as I tend to be more withdrawn when it comes to that, but I trusted Wilbur. He'd also mentioned things about himself. I swear, it felt like we had known each other for years. I decided to message him.

gracie
had fun today!

I took off my jeans and changed into some joggers instead, but I left the jumper on. It smelled like him. We hadn't even hugged that much. I could hear a knock on my door. 
"Come in!" I said.
Maisie came into my room.
"Hey, Gracie! Expected you to be home sooner, to be honest. You usually don't spend that long at the vinyl store."
She pulled in for a hug. 
"Did you meet someone?" She said enthusiastically and sat herself down on my bed next to me.
"Maybe I did," I said and smiled. 
"I figured something was up, who was it? Was it Wilbur?" She said, already knowing the answer.

I didn't really have a lot of friends here in London, and the few I had were all girls. 

"Yeah, it was. Ran late since we went to a café," I said taking the vinyls out of the bag and placing them in my shelf.

I decided to play the vinyl Wilbur bought for me. I looked at it. It was red and by a band called The Strokes. I put it on. 

"He bought me this one. He told me I'd like it."
"What a gentleman," Maisie said jokingly. 
"At least he smells nice," she followed it up with.
"Oh, shut up," I said jokingly.

-

I could hear a Discord notification coming from my phone.

WilburSoot
me too! we should do that again sometime. streaming in like 30 mins!

I smiled at the message, and I think Maisie noticed that.
"Him?"
"Yeah," I said. 

gracie
definitely! maybe i'll join in on your stream later x

-

"Alright chat, today we're going to review vines!"

I was watching Wilbur's stream while eating egg and bacon. I had only watched his videos in the past, but his streams were quite entertaining too. He had intimidatingly many viewers, though.

"This one's shit, it gets an F," I could hear him say.
The chat started spamming him down about how wrong he was. I decided to join in on it. I was already VIP'd. Cute.

"Alright, Gracie, if it's so funny, explain to me why it is."

I chuckled. His streaming persona was way louder and less humble than his actual personality. I opened my Discord and saw that he called me. I joined the voicechat.

"Alright, chat. This is Gracie. She's a streamer, here's a link to her channel! I think you guys would like her content," he said, linking my channel in chat.
"Hi chat! You're too nice Wilbur," I said and laughed a bit afterwards.

The entire chat was filled with people being surprised Wilbur was talking to a girl. They loved to bully him.

"I'm just helping you out, you have great content." I could feel myself flushing. 
"Aw, thank you!" I said shyly. 
"Anyway, I'm getting off-track. Now, Gracie. Explain to me why "and they were roommates" is funny."

I sighed, trying to come up with a good answer. 

"Well," I started off.
"It's just the way he says it, I'm going to be honest with you. I don't know how you don't find it funny."

He went quiet for a bit.
"Alright, I'll make it a C."
"Thank you, kind sir," I said jokingly.
He laughed a bit.
"Alright, everyone say bye to Gracie, chat."

-

It was getting pretty late. Wilbur had stopped streaming a while back, immediately calling me afterwards. We had been laughing around watching funny videos all night. I had proper messed up my sleep schedule. I was in bed at this point, and I was getting pretty sleepy.

"Anyway," he started. He sounded a bit nervous.
"Maybe you'd like to do something tomorrow again?"
"That depends. I have work tomorrow at like 2 PM," I said with a disappointed tone.
"That's alright. You could come to my place and hang out a bit before work? Only if you want to."
"I could drop you off at work afterwards."
"Sounds like a good plan," I said smiling, yawning afterwards.
"I can tell that you're sleepy, I'll let you go soon, but I have a surprise for you."
"Oh?" I said, sounding less sleepy. I loved surprises.

He turned on his facecam, and I could see him holding his guitar. 

"Do you want me to turn on facecam too?" I said.
"Only if you want to."
He was too polite. 
I turned on my facecam and saw him smiling and blushing slightly. 

"I'm sorry I look a mess,"I said chuckling afterwards.
I wasn't really self-conscious about how I looked. I found myself to be quite attractive.
"Have you seen me?" He chuckled silently while tuning his guitar. 
"Oh come on, you're good looking, Will," I said.
Fuck. Why did I say that?
"You're quite good looking too, Gracie," he said, slightly blushing.

I could hear him strum his guitar. It sounded familiar, and then I realised he was going to sing 505 for me. 
"That was beautiful, thank you," I said when he finished singing.
"Thank you, it doesn't sound nearly as good as your cover though," he said, nervously scratching the back of his head.
"You're funny, Wilbur."
I could feel my eyes starting to close by themselves.
"I'll get you go now, good night, Gracie."
"Good night, Wilbur."