Chapter 2

"So, you just were on your parents doorstep?" Fly asked, turning onto the road of the police department. The turn signal 'beeping' sound, ringing in my ears. Perfect. Exactly what i need with this pounding head ache. I let out a shaky breathe and nodded.

"I guess my parents had no idea who they could have been." I said. My heart beating so fast in my chest, it felt like i was being stepped on by elephants. "But Liam's mum has blond hair. The only memory i have, my mum has brunette. Plus, Liam's mum, looks just like me."

"You kind of look like Liam, too." Fly said, parking. I shakily undid my seat belt and hesitantly opened the door and stepped out. "Ready?" I nodded. I wasn't, but my mum taught me better than this. I have to face my fears, confirm my assumptions, and go on with life.

Fly opened the door for me, and i stepped in. The room smelt sterile and boring . It looked plain, white walls, white floors, quite dusty, too. "Hi." I said to the police officer. He smiled at me.

"How can i help you?" The police man asked me. I felt Fly grabbed my hand and squeeze it. I closed my eyes, then re opened them. 

"I think i know something about Liam Payne's missing sister." I said. Fly squeezed my hand tighter. So tight, i felt the circulation being cut off, but in a way it was soothing. Maybe because with her gripping onto my hand, i know I'm not alone.

"Oh?" The police man asked, setting down the papers he was holding. This case must be serious, because he got up and went right in front of me. "Please, tell me what you know."

"Well...I...." I said, hesitantly. Fly nudged me gently. "I...I think i am her." I coughed. "I think I am Liam Payne's missing sister." The police officer looked at me like I was an angel. He smiled and ran to the phone. He dialed a number and quickly put it to his ear. 

"Yes, is this Mr. Payne?" The police officer asked into the phone. "Great. Well, Mr. Payne i have some incredible news for you." A pause. "We think we found your sister." I head a scream, a muffled one, but a scream. 

"Do you think he's talking to Liam?" Fly whispered to me. I shrugged.

"Either Liam or his, my, father." I said. I suddenly felt slightly awkward. I just called Liam's father my own, and I'm not even sure that I'm his sister. Wait. What if I'm not her? Then i would be the lying freak, and be hated by everyone.

"This is so exciting!" Fly whisper-yelled in my eye. I rolled my eyes.

"This is nerve wreaking." I whispered back, shivering a bit. What am i supposed to say to Liam's family, or Liam himself? What am I supposed to say to my family? They're not just going to let their little miracle go off and hang around her old family to 'catch up.' Though, ever since i was little i wanted to find them, and know who they are.

 "Shush. The officers off the phone. Let's hear what he has to say, Gabby Payne." Fly said with a snicker. I nudged her. She snickered again.

"Well, they're on their way." The officer said, taking a seat. I widened my eyes. No. Not now. I have to go home. I have to explain. I can't leave.

"Who's on their way?" I asked, cautiously.

"Your family, of course." He laughed a bit. "You know, your father, Geoff. Your mother, Karen. And your very, very famous brother Liam. I just got off the phone with Liam. He's very excited to see you." The officer stood up and went over to the file cabinet. He turned back to me. "Oh, before i forget, the rest of the lads from One Direction are coming, too. Liam coudn't get off for family time, so they're going out of their way to meet you." He smiled and turned back to his files.

I started to pace. No, no, no. This isn't what i wanted. I wanted to put it out there. I didn't mean it to be an absolute thing. i coughed awkwardly. The officer turned back to me once again and raised an eyebrow. "Um, I'm sorry, but could you tell them to come to this address?" I asked, writing down my house address. "I should probably get things sorted out with my mum."