Chapter 1

4 years ago, when I was just 15, I was diagnosed with depression. I knew I have it, I just didn't want to be diagnosed and labelled as the "mentally ill" girl in school.

Its been a hard journey I don't think I'd be here if it wasn't for my best friend and boyfriend Thomas.

I remember the day I told him, I was so scared. We'd only been dating a couple of months I didn't want to ruin it by being this.

-Flash back-

"Hey gorgeous, ready for today?"

"Yeah, I suppose."

"What's wrong? Something isn't right, you've been acting different lately its worrying me."

"Tommy... y-you know when I wasn't in school for a while?" Oh god, I can't believe I'm actually about to tell him!

"I do. I really missed you you know." He sighed.

Oh god, why is he so sweet?

"W-Well I..." I can't, he'll end it! I can't loose my best friend.

"What's wrong love? You look like you're about to cry."

I can't hold back these tears anymore.

"Please don't cry princess! Come here, sit on my lap."

I made myself comfy on his lap before I buried my head into the crook of his neck and cried. He didn't speak, he just held me close and let me cry it all out. I love him so much, I'm so scared of what he'll say.

"Thomas... I, I was in a mental hospital. I got diagnosed with depression, I had to stay there for a while until I got better. I'm not cured, there is no cure but I'm well enough to be out of there permanently. I promised them I would tell you eventually." I took a deep breath once I finished, it did feel good to finally tell him. I'm just scared of his reaction.

"Oh princess, I knew something wasn't right! I love you, I really do. I hope you know that it doesn't change the way I feel about you. Let me help you get better, I know there's no cure but I want to make you happy again."

"I love you too. I was scared you wouldn't want to be with me anymore."

I watched his hands come up to meet my cheeks. "Why would I leave you because of this? I love you too much to even dream of doing that."

"Thankyou Tommy, you're the best."