Eraser

Eraser

All I want is one day off. One day just to rest. I mean really, is that too much to ask? I don't know how I ended up with this person but they really use me to my fullest. If you didn't have me when drawing then art would be like life, full of mistakes. I for one, make mistakes all the time. It's simply just the way of life. Everyone makes mistakes even if you are miss perfect, perfection.

I am a Prismacolor Scholar™ Eraser. I am a triangular, charcoal colored eraser that seems to fit just perfect and snug in my masters hand. I am also latex free making me almost smooth to the touch. It allows me to not crack and harden as I age. I create some eraser dust but not enough to make you go insane. My owner is a well rounded artist but prefers to use pencil in her everyday art classes. I am used mainly for cleaning up unwanted lines, smudges and even smears that are made when drawing.

I am delighted that I can help fix mistakes that my owner makes on a daily basis during her art classes. I feel honored that she hasn't gotten rid of me and gotten a new eraser. It makes me, I don't know, feel appreciated. I am joyful that all my hard work payed off in the end. It's like a burning passion of mine to fix errors but what they don't know is that it's really tiring having to fix everyone else's mistakes while trying not to create your own screw-ups. It makes me stressed out about wondering if I will ever be good enough for my possessor. It would be nice to hear a big, "Thank you, Eraser", from time to time but yet I still have never heard it in my three years of life.

Life is full of errors. I make faults all the time just by simply erasing too much or too little. I sometimes don't get all of the smear cleaned off the page so then I have to re-due it until I get it right but the thing with mistakes is that you can prevent yourself from doing them. You can learn how to avoid problems by practicing. Practicing makes everything better. It's how you learn. I would love to take a break and have a day off but I know that once that day comes it's probably because I am no longer usable. I will be all used up and eventually land in the garbage canister next to the ground-up pencils and the dried-up markers. Until then, I am just going to enjoy how my life is now. After all, tomorrow brings a whole new day of fixing.

Authors Note

_Thanks for reading! I hoped you like the animated eraser!