wi

the sky is darker when the world comes rushing back. my mind is burning like a hot coal embedded in my head. everything looks grey and hazy.

there are people. people here. people there. a thousand eyes graze a body lying in the fizzing staticky grass. murmurs blast the area, hundreds of millions of words flying from mouths up into the sky.

i want to speak, but something holds me back. instead, i walk over to the body, feeling strangely light.

i... don't remember anything. who i am. what my name is. what i am doing. why i'm here. who the person in the grass is...

and then i look at his face, and a jolt of shock blasts through me, terrifyingly strange.

it's like i am looking into a mirror.

was there a car crash? do i have a concussion? am i seeing things?

it can't be me. i can't be...

darkness fizzes in shady corners. the people begin to move away. someone is ushering them away, speaking loudly but calmly. i can't catch any of the words as they leap into the air and are carried away by the growing wind. only murmurs.

do i... have a twin brother? is this him? am i the only one allowed to see him?

my mind is so confused. is he... dead? is my brother dead? why is nobody calling an ambulance? why is the world so slow?

so many questions, yet no answers.

i look up, and grass stretches out before me, gently rippling and waving and fizzing in the darkness. there seems to be no end to the grass.

suddenly, the murmurs are gone. the body of my brother is gone. there is only grass, and endless night. stars glow a sickly yellow far above.

who knows?