The Girl In My Dream (#Wattys2014)

It was already past twelve o'clock and I'm still awake. I almost tried everything just to fell asleep but I can't. Staring at the ceiling all night. Wandering what will happen next in my love story that started in my dreams.

It all began one morning. I wake up early that day its my day off so I don't have anything to do in mind. So I just stay in my bed that morning.

A space in the curtain let the sunrays light up my room a bit. I were staring at the light as it moves until it finally reaches my face. I felt that warmth sunlight in my face . I can't open my eyes because of the light. So I let my eyes closed . Until I felt sleepy and slowly I fell asleep. I don't know if I'm really asleep that time. It wasn't dark even when my eyes are all closed. And because I can still feel the warm light on my face. All I know is that I just want to rest all day.

When I open my eyes. I find myself in the middle of a crossroad.

An empty crossroad. I didn't see any vehicles or any people passing by. I looked up and stare at the stop light. Seeing it changes from red to yellow and then green. It changes colour repeatedly. Its like it was my first time to see a stop light in my life. I stare at it a bit longer.

 Until the stop light started to melt and fell down at the asphalt. I was staring at it until the stop light were all gone. I move my eyes and looked around while still standing in the middle of a crossroad. The whole place started to melt on its own. I didn't know what make it melt . Maybe its the sun rays or not. But I didn't panicked or anything. I'm still standing. Slowly the buildings around me began to melt too. But I don't care. I felt nothing. Until it was all gone. And now its just white. The place were just white. As white as snow. And I started to notice that my clothes turned white. And at that moment I started to feel unease. And starting to asked my self where am I?. I walked in straight heading nowhere. Coz all I see is white. I moved my legs faster until I am running. I am running hoping to find a way out. I were running for a long time but I don't feel tired. When I thought that there is no way out of this place. I stopped running and asked my self again where am I ? . I wanted to shout for help but I didn't. Coz I know that I am the only one and there's no use for help. I didn't know that I am dreaming. Coz it feels real to me. I really don't know what to do. I was so scared. I feel down on my knees and put my hands on the top of my head and rub my hair. I can feel that my hair were falling apart. I pulled my hands out of my hair. And saw strings of my hair in my hand. And slowly I can see it fall down in my hands. I tried to grip the hair that's in my hands but it kept falling. And the worst thing my skins started to melt slowly. I tried to pull my skins back but it keeps melting. I were so scared that time. And out the white. I feel a hand lays on my shoulder. I slowly turn my head backwards. And saw a hand. And as I slowly looked up my sight became blurred. I can't see the face of the person. But I can say that its a girl. Coz it has a long hair and it has a small and beautiful hands. The person face slowly came near and whispered. " You need to wake up".

And all of a sudden I came back to my consciousness.

It were past 9 o'clock in the morning.

I were stuttering coz I don't know if I'm still sleeping. So I quickly get off the bed and go to the bathroom to wash my face looked at the mirror to see if my hair is still intact and rub my skin to see if it wasn't melting . "That was a Nightmare. Wew Thank God it was only a Dream". I say to myself.

But the thing that's making me think. Is that I can remember clearly what happen to me. The crossroad. The stoplight. The places were melting. And that white place. All of it.

Coz most of my dreams wasn't like that coz it feels real. And as far as I remember . I don't remember all of the things that happen in my past dreams. I was still scared but I wanted to know what happen.