Le Grand Guignol

I walked into the coven house's green house.

Genevieve stood in the middle of the room, admiring some roses. "Thank you for coming. Have you considered my offer?"

"Have I considered the offer about rejoining the same witch community that lied to me my whole life?" I asked rhetorically. "I can assure you that it's been the only thing on my mind."

"Have you come to a decision?" Genevieve asked.

"I'm gonna need more than a few days to decide this, especially after my best friend... my only friend, actually, just died," I told her. 

Genevieve looked up, taking a moment to respond. "Of course. I may seem like I'm pressing you to come to the decision, which, I am." She stepped around the table, walking toward me. "But I should warn you... Even if you choose your own people, many not be willing to be welcome and polite. But that is only because you renounced us, and you tried to stop the Harvest."

"Are you trying to convince me to join the witches or trying to convince me to stay as far away as possible?" I asked.

"I'm saying that some of us will welcome you back with open arms," Genevieve told me. "It is the ancestors' decree that you be brought back into the fold. If not..." I felt myself growing weaker, like something was wrong. Genevieve closed her fist. Blood started to trail from my nose, ears, eyes and mouth. I slowly, weakly lowered to my knees, coughing up blood. "This is just a preview of what will happen to you fight on the wrong side." Genevieve stopped her spell on me, letting me live. I took a deep breath of relief. "But the choice is yours."

Genevieve walked out of the green house.

I breathed heavily, blood still on my face but no longer bleeding, wondering about what the hell I was gonna do.