NINE *amelia*

My throat is dry.

And my head hurts.

My eyes slowly open and I see a blob of Teddy on my right.

I open my mouth to say something but my throat is too dry to make words.

"Oh my god, Amelia!" She exclaims and pours a cup of water for me.

She moves my bed so it's up and grabs her phone to call Link. "Teddy," I say.

"They're okay. Everyone's okay."

Tears start streaming down my cheeks and she wraps her arms around me softly. "I'm so glad you're okay. Link will be here soon." She comforts me.

I can't even begin to understand my emotions, all I remember is seeing white dots and asking Scout to get help. I don't remember anything after that.

Link walks in and rushes to my bed side and takes my hand.

He buries his face in my chest and cries as Teddy leaves to give us privacy. I see Teddy, Jo, and Maggie standing outside of our room at the nurse's desk.

"Are they okay?" I ask.

"Yes, and they're perfect. Two little girls."

I smile and he strokes my cheek gently.

"I am so glad you're okay. I can't live without you." He cries.

"I love you." I say quietly and he lays next to be and I lay on his chest.

"I want to meet them." I prop up.

"Okay, I'll ask if you're able to."

A few minutes later I was in a wheel chair about to meet my girls. I couldn't wait. Link was so ecstatic, his face bright with excitement.

They weren't too little, but they were beautiful. One had darker hair, and the other light.

Link picks one up and sets her in my arms. She squirms for a second but then I remember how I used to hold Scout when he was this little and she calms down.

"What are their names?" Link asks.

I look down at the baby in my arms in awe, completely amazed that I made this.

"The younger one, with darker hair looks like a Saige. That's the name you liked." I remind him.

His face lights up and looks at the baby in his arms. "Saige Josephine."

After he says it a feeling overwhelms me. Pure happiness is the only way I can't describe it.

I then look down at the lighter haired girl in my arms and smile. "Grace, after Teddy. Grace Margaret Lincoln. Then Margaret after Maggie."

Link leans down and kisses me, I can tell he's completely overjoyed as well. He pulls a chair up next to mine and looks at me.

"What?"

"Don't ever leave me. I can't do this without you. I can't." Tears are forming in his eyes.

I take my hand off of Grace and rest it on Link's cheek. "I'm right here." I whisper.

I then take my hand and set it on Saige's little body, all tucked in into her blanket.

Three days later

Scout runs in and wraps his arms around me. "Hey, bud! Are you okay?" I laugh.

"Yeah I was just making sure you were." He giggles and looks down at little Saige who I was just changing.

"I love you, you know that?" I say and run my hand through his hair.

"I love you too Mama." He replies and hops into my lap and rests his head on my shoulder.

"We have some people coming over to meet your sisters, I think it's going to be a fun night." I tell him and he looks up at me excitedly.

"Yes! Can I show them my ship?" He's taking about his new toy Link got him after the girls were born. Scout's been obsessed with it and wants to show everyone.

"Of course, I think they'll love it." I say and he jumps up to go grab it.

Teddy is holding Grace with Jo admiring her behind her shoulder. Maggie is holding Saige and is completely swept away. I know she wants a family, but none of us know when that's going to happen.

"Nope, I have my dog. I don't need a baby." Jo jokes and everyone laughs.

Jo takes Saige and Maggie comes by to give me a hug. "I love you, Amelia. I'm so glad you're okay. I could not live with out you here."

I squeeze her back and whisper in her ear. "If you want a family, then go for it. Look where it got me. I know you want a baby, I can see the look in your eyes when you're around any of the kids."

She looks at me sympathetically and smiles.

Maggie goes back to admire Grace and Link walks up behind me and wraps his arms around me.

"I love you." I say quietly.

"I love you too." He whispers back.

"Our own little family."