recording fifteen - monday - week nine

it’s prom week, the most hectic week of senior year; more hectic then the time we all crammed together and studied for the SATS (though you and patrick were the only ones who took the ACT). and it’s more hectic than the nerve-wracking time we all took our college entrance exams.

everyone is hustling and bustling and screaming and yelling about how senior prom is this Saturday, and God, it’s so annoying.

especially because maura keeps bragging to people in our classes how her date was a sophomore in college and how he was “as hot as dylan o’brien”. her uselessness makes me want to puke and laugh at the same time.

there’s going to be a rally tomorrow, for all the prom king and queen nominees and all that jazz. the actual royalty titles will be announced during prom.

i voted for dia, who was legitimately surprised at the fact that she made it onto the royalty ballots. it’s no surprise to me. she deserves it, she really does.

oh, yeah, guess what—i was right. your name is on all the prom king ballots. and everyone’s voting for you. you’re going to win, ethan, i just know it.

right now, i’m trying to study for my calculus test but dia keeps distracting me with her rapid, excited texts. what’s the point of studying anyway, if you’re not even concentrated?

ugh.

ethan, you would have loved all of this. you really would have.

you would have voted for yourself, more than once (yes, i know you that well), and you would have loved getting your tux and dancing all night and getting the dj to request your favorite song, “Yellow” by Coldplay.

and then you’d bend over like a prince or something with your hand extended to me and ask, “care for a dance, m’lady?”

and then we’d dance all night with the gang.

ha, here i am again, thinking of what could have been.

but i just can’t help it, ethan.

things would have been so different if you had just…lived.