"Mark."

A week passed by, and New Year's Eve was fast approaching.

It was December 30 of that year, at around 10:00 pm. Seán shot a video titled "Mark." He was planning on killing himself the next day, on New Year's Eve. When he finished recording, he didn't edit the video.

Instead, Seán just saved the video on his laptop.

Afterwards, he folded the shirts he bought for Mark and grabbed the glasses he bought. Seán then placed them at the dinner table. Then, he went back upstairs to Daniel's room and grabbed his most favorite shirts.

Seán figured that he and Mark have the same shirt size.

He folded those and placed them on the dinner table as well, beside the shirts he bought for Mark. Then, Seán went to sleep.

The next day, Mark woke up.

He thought to himself, "The year's almost over. Thank God. I think I'm finally able to forget everything that happened lately. I'm ready to forgive now. But then again, Seán hasn't left his room. What could be going on?"

Mark went downstairs and saw the shirts and glasses 'J' gifted him, along with some shirts he noticed that Seán frequently wears.

He thought to himself, "Why are the shirts and glasses that this J person gifted me on this table? And why are Seán's shirts here, too?" Mark proceeded to eat breakfast.

Meanwhile, in Daniel's room, Seán woke up.

He said to himself, "I'm leaving him today. I hope I make him happy." With the rope, he set up a noose in the room. Seán then placed Mark's garden shears and added a sticky note with a short message that he wrote for him.

A few hours later, Seán uploaded the video with its settings set to Private, with only Mark seeing the video.

Mark got a notification from YouTube at his phone. It was Seán's video. He tapped the video, sat on his couch, opened his TV, and casted the video. He was shocked to see Seán so thin.

In the video:

"Top of the mornin' to ya, Mark. Um, I know you're probably not interested in watching this, but fuck it. You probably noticed that I got skinnier now. Guess what? All I ever do nowadays is drink water. I haven't been eating. Anyway, Mark... I made this video because I..." Seán shed a tear. "I just want to say that I'm sorry." Seán started crying for 30 seconds. "I'm sorry for raping ya. I know that doesn't do anything, and I know that you're still mad at me. And I'm sorry for being the reason why you lost so many subscribers. I don't know what got into me that day. I felt so bad when I read that article on TMZ. But, I know that you don't give a fuck about why I even shot this video. I thought giving you that present will make you forgive me. I... I guess I was wrong." Seán cried for another 30 seconds. "Mark... if you want, call the police on me. Let them take me away from you. And fuck it, call ICE, too. Have me deported, I don't care. I know that you'll be happy when you don't see me anymore." Seán cried for a minute straight. "I can tell that you don't love me anymore. I hope you'll be happier after you finish watching this. And you may not be able to forgive me today, tomorrow, or... maybe not even next week, or next month... maybe not even next year, or... two years from now, five years from now, 10 years from now... maybe not even 25 years from now. I just hope that..." Seán cried for another minute. "I hope that... before I die, you'd remember me, and finally forgive me, even if you don't see me as a friend anymore. By then, I hope... you could forgive me... as a person that you used to know." Seán wiped his tears off and cracked a fake smile. "And, uh, if you probably noticed... there are shirts and glasses on the table from a fan named 'J'. Well, I'm J, Mark. And, you probably also saw those shirts beside them. Those are my most favorite shirts. I know that both of us wear the same-sized shirts, so take those as my first and last fanmail to you. Mark... thank you for letting me in your life for a short while. Thank you for everything that you did to me before the rape. I know that I don't remind you of Daniel, but I hope you enjoyed my company. Welp, that's all I wanted to say. I... I love you, even if you don't feel the same way about me anymore." Seán shed another tear. The video went to black for three minutes, until Seán showed up again. "Oh, that reminds me, Mark. I've got one more gift for you. Come to Daniel's room to get it. I hope you'll be happy." Seán winked at the camera.

Afterwards, the video ended.

Mark felt sad. He said to himself, "I... I never thought that... Seán would think that I didn't love him anymore. I still do... I just wasn't able to forget everything yet. But now that this video came up... I'm getting worried for him. He hasn't been eating."

So, Mark decided to check on Seán and went upstairs to Daniel's room.

To be continued in Part 15...