5. Corruption

Weeks had gone by and Jaehyun didn't notice any change in his mood. Instead he spent more time sparring and more time in the tavern. It was weird that Doyoung wanted perfect beings yet allowed us to drink.

For the past few weeks, Jaehyun continued his life like nothing had happened. He feigned confidence.

The comments continues.

"Oh he's so handsome."

"He truly is the Lord's greatest creation."

"He's so strong and smart as well."

"He's perfect."

Perfect.

That word rang through Jaehyun's head, echoing off the walls. Perfect. That was the first time someone had told Jaehyun he was perfect.

A warm feeling filled his chest as a slight smirk took its place upon his lips. He could get used to this.

Jaehyun had been spending even more time in the arena, working on becoming stronger. More and more people filled the stands just to watch him, cheer for him, swoon for him.

Jaehyun grew to love the attention, love the spotlight. He was no longer hidden in somebody's shadows. No longer forced to be the good boy he was raised to be. He had finally become independent. The feeling of freedom coursing through his body.

His nice personality had been replaced with arrogance and cockiness. He wore more smirks than smiles and broke more hearts than ever.

Another wave of screams roared through the arena as the snap of his opponents arm could be clearly heard. Jaehyun stood there, arms spread, letting the screaming soak into him as he inhaled the scent of victory.

Pride.

Jaehyun was doing fine on his own. He didn't need Doyoung or anybody. He had enough pride in himself to keep himself going.

His pride grew so immensely that he even began to question Doyoung's leadership.

Doyoung didn't deserve the title of the Lord or the creator. He wasn't strong enough. He couldn't even think for himself. Pathetic.

Jaehyun pondered the thought of being the ruler of heaven and earth. The image of him sitting upon the throne filled his head. He bubbled with excitement.

He just had to wait for the right moment. Then, it would all be his.