Chapter 18

[Lauren]

It's been three months, and today's our graduation day. It's kind of bittersweet. I remember how you always look forward to this day. Us, graduating and reaching our dreams together. It must've been better now that we already have our little one inside me.

I always dream of you and how you could've been very happy to know about my pregnancy. But now, I was left with nothing but this child inside me.

My memory of you.

"Hey, sis. West is already waiting downstairs" I heard my brother said from outside the door of my room. I glanced at the mirror one last time and held my little bump.

"Your uncle's already waiting... are you excited for your mommy's graduation?" I smiled at the sight of my growing bump.

My little Alex.

I carefully walked my way downstairs, I was holding my graduation gown and my other hand to my child

I carefully walked my way downstairs, I was holding my graduation gown and my other hand to my child. West saw me and immediately moved his way to me, he reached for my hand to hold me as I go down. "Thank you, West" I smiled at him.

"I promised to take care of you and my sister's baby. I will do everything for both of you" he said.

I know how he feels for me even before Alex and I started dating. He's a good guy and very respectful and gentleman. When he knew about my pregnancy, he immediately called me and asked me to go to the hospital for confirmation and checkup. I was hesitant at first, but I also agreed later on. Afterall, I cannot compromise my child's health just because I am devastated right now. I know Alex wouldn't be really happy if she'll know that I'm not taking care of myself.

I still regret that deal with Ryley. If it weren't because of that, we should've been happy now. We were supposed to be together. She should be the one fetching me today on our way to school. She should be the one taking care of me as we both watch our baby grow inside me. I miss you, Alex. I miss you so much.

"Hey, West... Can you come here for a second please? I have something to discuss with you" I was cut off my trance when my brother spoke from upstairs. He called West.

I am glad that they are getting along well now. I remember them having fist fight before. I was in high school back then and they were classmates. They always argue over everything just because they were both smart. Then, until they graduated, my brother started managing the University while West took another course and another one. He's that geek that would always love to study.

I remained in the living room and wore my sunglasses since my eyes were still a bit puffy from crying earlier. I tried to compose myself while waiting for my brother and West.

"Lauren, baby?" I smiled upon hearing that voice. My eyes widened.

 My eyes widened