𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡' 𝗜𝗧 !

✎ᝰ┆𝑷𝑹𝑶𝑳𝑶𝑮𝑼𝑬 !

"Congratulations to you for graduating! You've made it this far!"

"Congratulations, you've made it through school without dropping out or failing like most black people do!"

"Now look here boy, when you officially leave this house, you become a man..."

"You're a black male adult entering the world on his own. Here's what you do to stay alive."

"Did you forget about what our ancestors went through? Did you forget what the reality is for a black person right now, huh?"

"Stop whining about people being racist. Ain't nothing you can do about it but sit down and keep your mouth shut and do what you gotta do."

A few of many things five black teenagers have heard, unfortunately this was never shocking to them. They've all graduated high school and it's time to go off to college, but she's battling mental health issues that no one wants to talk about, she's being shunned for being in an interracial relationship, he's dealing with feelings of being inadequate because his life wasn't 'ideal', he's being told he can't show emotions because he's a man, and she's trying to find her place as a young black female... they're barely 𝗠𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡' 𝗜𝗧.

© COPYRIGHT OF NiNTiESWANNABE. 2022. MAKIN' IT.