Celeste

"Celeste!" I heard Daniel's voice calling for me, as I fell into an endless abyss. I tried to scream, but as soon as I opened my mouth all the air was sucked from my lungs. The longer I fell, the more I could detect an aura of malignancy growing stronger and stronger.

I sat bolt upright in my bed, panting and sweating. I reached for the remote next to my bed and opened the curtains with it, desperate for light. I still felt like I was falling, and I could still feel that evilness in my blood. I shook my head, as if doing that would rid me of the terror my nightmare had given me.

I stood up and stretched in the sunlight now streaming through my window. I roughly sat down on my bed again, I wasn't a morning person and the small effort of standing up had drained me.

I was debating going back to bed, but I remembered I had promised to meet Daniel at the park today. I didn't have schooling, because people in Six had the choice to attend online schooling or go to proper school. I chose the online courses, and had completely finished them in the many nights my nightmares had been too much for me to sleep through.

I had been having my nightmares for as long as I can remember. When I was a baby, my mother had been offered money to have something tested on me. It was around 100,000 dollars, I believe. Whatever it was, it hadn't worked and left me with horrible nightmares almost every night.

I got up and walked into my bathroom to take a shower before going out. I pressed the buttons on the shower to turn it on, took off my clothes and got in. I had the nightmare still lingering in my mind, so I decided to go over what happened in it.

First off, Daniel. He was my half brother. We shared a father, but not mother. To be honest, I wasn't particularly fond if Daniel, as he was a bit of a smartass and very self centered, but he was the only person who actually seemed to like me, so I put up with his more annoying qualities.

The thing was, I had had the abyss dream before, but it had never seemed so damn evil. I shuddered, thinking about how malicious the pit had seemed.

I finished washing my hair and body, and stepped out of the shower.

I finished getting ready, and walked downstairs. I was surprised to see my mother and stepdad holding hands and standing at the bottom of the stairs.

"Celeste, how did you sleep?" They asked with a forcefully seemed smile.

"Um, I guess alright" I tried to ignore the reeking stench of fake in the room. I adjusted my ponytail and continued down the steps. Oddly enough my mum and David discreetly but not enough, attempted to block my way. 

"Mum..? What's going on?" I asked

"Celeste. Your step dad and I are taking a bit of time away. I want you to know that this isn't because of us, this is because of a work situation" My mother replied

"The next 3 months actually" David corrected.

"Okay. There isn't going to be a problem will there? You guys have been away for 6 months last year. I don't see why you guys are treating this any differently." I said. They seemed really odd about this. They seem odd about many things recently. In all honesty, I don't see why nor do I care. 

"Okay then, I guess you are older now." Mum said.

"Yes. Now if you could please move over, I need to get some breakfast then meet Daniel" I said. They act so weird. I wish they'd stop.